Over the Waves… Anybody else doing anything with Over the Waces

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Over the Waves… Anybody else doing anything with Over the Waces

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

one of the most beautiful tunes ever on the fiddle.  Anybody else been learning or playing it?  I’ve almost got it playable as my own, except my biggest problem is I have to be very careful or else the B part morphs into Kentucky Waltz on me…lol…it just wants to happen and I can’t blink for a second or it does.  Other than that, I’m feeling kind of good about it, entertaining some ideas…very different ideas about how I would go about recording it…not sure when, but on one of these Presonus Days ( otherwise known as Friday)… maybe my ideas are too weird…lol…might not work out.  I’ll just have to try and see.  Anybody else doing some fiddling with OTW?  It’s really a beautiful tune and not really hard to play…highly recommended!

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

I’ve been attempting to play it for some time but it sorta drifted away and I just tried it again yesterday and want to polish it up so will take another stab today.   Lovely piece and interesting history too.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I have been working on this one since day one and can play through it from beginning to end but timing not perfected yet as I cannot play it with John yet lick for lick , but twin fiddling on this one with John is not to far off . This month of December is my 8th month ,working on my first 28 tunes daily! I will have most of these tunes perfected before my first wedding anniversary to my fiddle I love very much , however I caught my self wonting other fiddles from China the other day guess I am fickle and not ready to fulfill my vows with only one fiddle .

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Steve, you are amazing…going like a steam engine after only 8 months!  And a two-timid’ fiddler to boot…that’s gonna bring about some wild music from them jealous fiddles!  Ruckydoo and Steve, hope to hear y’all play it soon!

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by cricket cricket.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I’m glad you all are giving it a go! This is one of my favorite twin fiddle songs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in