Playing in a jam with dulcimer players.

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Playing in a jam with dulcimer players.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Romie
    Participant

I played the fiddle today in a jam session with dulcimer players. It was tough keeping up . They play in D…. I had help finally with a tune Angeline the Baker my music was in A so I played the notes on the d string. I still need to practice but I was able to accompany a few songs. :)

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

That’s wonderful, Lisa. That was clever knowing to move over a string and play it there. Best wishes for your continued fun playing the fiddle.

Fred.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sometimes the dulcimer rhythms can be tricky to get in step with too.  They all play in D these days, but I remember when they all played in C, so at least D is a good fiddle key.  Glad you figured out how to fit in with their jam!  Must’ve been fun.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Great going !

Lisa Romie
    Participant

Thank you. Today I also played the song “His Eye is on the Sparrow” in church today on the violin. I had a piano accompaniment.  It went well :)

Yes I agree that the Dulcimer plays everything in D. I played the duclimer today also with my club.. I did not play the fiddle this aftern00n. So I have had avery Musical Weekend.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Are you in a dulcimer club in Kentucky?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.