Question #5

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 2 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Great Scott
    Great Scott

Lucky, lucky number 5.  Answer it well and you might survive!

Please think carefully and seriously about this question.  Please, don’t rush your answer; because what you answer could very well be exactly how it pans out in a real-life scenario.

Question #5:

For whatever reason, you have just THREE (3) months to live.  What will you do in those three short months before your time is eventually up?

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Scott , If I am able I would continue to play and sing and entertain folks to the best of my ability’s , for music is the favorite thing I do ! Also it makes me happy , and I love to see other people enjoying the music and being happy !

Angela
    Participant

I’ll go skydiving; I’ll go Rocky Mountain climbing; I’ll go 2.7 seconds on a bull named Foo Manchu. I’ll love deeper; I’ll talk sweeter; and I’ll give forgiveness I’ve been denying.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Steve, you are a true champ!  I love the fact that even in the short time that you have left, you will be devoting that time to something you love and making other people happy with your music till your very end.

Angela,  looks like you’ll be doing some pretty demanding stuff in your last three months.  But allow me to taunt you a little when I ask why wait until your last three months of life to do all of those things?  Why not do them now?  After all, life is so short, and we never really know the day or time of our expiration.

I am glad you mentioned forgiveness as one of the things you would like to do (give forgiveness that you’ve been denying).  So wise of you to recognize the thing that you have denied others.  Many people can not do that.  To forgive others for their trespasses helps us forgive ourselves for ours.  Forgiveness is one of the keys to a happy and rewarding  life.  Love is the master key.  When we truly love, we automatically forgive.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Three months isn’t a long time. I’d be busy trying to get stuff in order so that those who come after me, daughter and her little family, might have some benefit from what hard work we did and the lucky things that happened to us, so that whatever we managed to scrape up in this world could benefit them in their own struggles for survival.

Easy, I would go to my claim, bring fiddle, prospectinggear, Lavvo (tipi)… live in nature and off the nature 2,5 month… last weeks I would focus family and tell them; “see you in next dimention… “

I Also have to tell and show Vanja that I will be a ghost… We already have an agreement ; if I’m go away before 106y, she will hear my fiddle and know daddy watch her.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

An easy one….I’d cancel my life insurance policy (if I had one), because the only way any one could know I only had three months left is if they were going to do me in and collect my insurance.  Well, I guess a doctor could pronounce that, so in that case I’d fire my doctor.  Who wants to pay a doctor a big fee to just to be told you’re going to croak!  Not me.  I wouldn’t even let the doctor pay me for service like that.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Fun responses, everyone! My house is basically in order, I would probably start hurredly trying to write down a bunch of stuff that will change the world, worried that all of my amazing secrets will die with me. After that I would spend my last days with my family and friends, and have some long talks with my wife, daughters, and brothers.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

The most important thing to the older mountain folks was to have their grave site & casket paid for before they died.  So they would have that expense saved up before they died so no one would have to go in debt to bury them.  In fact, that’s the ‘only’ thing Mom & Dad were concerned about preparing for death in a practical sense.  Their own personal, spiritual issues they kept private.  So one thing for sure with me…I would die debt free.  I wouldn’t run up my credit card just so I wouldn’t be around to have to pay it off.

I also would probably sell everything and buy the sweetest sounding fiddle I could so I could play it my last months and will it to some up & coming student that would never be able to afford one like it.  There was a story some years back about an old musician that gave a million dollar fiddle to a school for underpriviledged musicians that would be assigned to a most promising student to grow up with.  (something like that – it was a really touching story)

Angela
    Participant

By the way…I heard today that glass coffins are going to become more popular.

I guess that…….(here it comes!!!!)…………..remains to be seen!

LOLOLOLOL

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Oh boy, a wise crack about a glass coffin…I hear a fiddle tune coming.  (Start writing Steve)

I know a true story about this guy who seriously didn’t believe in wearing ties all his life, and at the funeral the undertaker had him dressed up with a big tie, to the shock of everyone.  So the moral is…if you have an issue like that it would be good to have a conversation with your undertaker before the event.  Yes, definitely be a good friend with your undertaker, because he could make things very uncomfortable for you for a long time. Especially if your bill isn’t paid…

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

I’d continue to play all I could, but spend more going out to play with others.

I’d have more money because I’d stop paying bills and head out in my truck and camper.

During this, I’d search for youngsters who might need and deserve a better instrument, and I’d give them mine if they wanted it…

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

We have cheapo cremation plans.  Why should we cost more money?

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Angela, “remains to be seen.”

Rodger, that’s the case here too… Everyone wants to make sure they are not a financial burden to their families when they move on up.

Cricket, I also have plans to be cremated and then left in a special place.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Cremation!!  Didn’t you ever hear of Sam Megee??  I’m afraid that’s what would happen to me…

“Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it’s the first time I’ve been warm.”

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Hahaha I can almost recite the poem and I didn’t even know Johnny Cash did it!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Never heard that one before.  Pretty gruesome.  But try to have somebody buried, they want money on the barrel, by the thousands. Cremation can cost under 2,000…that’s hard enough to come up with. Don’t wanna do that to anybody we leave behind.  You shoudn’t have to go broke because of somebody dying. But I can see where Sam McGee would choose cremation from being cold all the time.  Sometimes I used to feel like jumping in the woodstove, myself…lol.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Cremation sounds pretty good over Rot and decay .

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Did you catch the part where the stars are dancing the ‘Heel & Toe’….?  That’s one that’s played all the time up here, in G and then D.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Heel and toe is danced in canada?  Do they play a tune called Walk old Shoe, Heel Come a-draggin’?  I’ve heard it a time or two and it sounds Canadian to me.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Yes, Heel & Toe is one of the most popular.  I don’t know the others Cricket.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I might like a Norse funeral…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in