Review of Fiddles Under $500

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things Review of Fiddles Under $500

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Great ScottGreat Scott

See the blog post here:

Thank you, John.  However, forget the cruise ship!  I think I would have more fun sitting in the park with our merry little band of fiddlers from BGD and playing some really neat tunes with you and them, and then heading to the (Green) Dragon for a flagon or two of ale afterward.  So much less expenditure:  That is, unless it is steam powered with sails!  Now THAT is my type of ship!

And don’t worry, Johnno!  We will hit the Caribbean another time, and when we get to your name sake tropical island (Saint John), we will have a blast that you will never forget!!!!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Great Scott, that sounds fantastic. Which brings me to my next point… You have demonstrated here that for the price of a weekend cruise, one might instead purchase a fiddle that would bring far greater joy, fun, and relaxation. It seems like a no-brainer to me! (No offense intended, my headless friend.)

For the full effect: Buy a $500 fiddle, turn on your favorite “Sounds of the Sea” YouTube video, and play Waterbound until the tears flow. Carnival cannot hope to compete with that kind of experience!

Great ScottGreat Scott

[quote=27316]It seems like a no-brainer to me! (No offense intended, my headless friend.)[/quote]

No offense taken, my good man.  I am trying to make a smile as I say this, but even my will-power can’t seem to conjure up a smile without a head.  So sad, because I had such a great smile!   🙂

Yes siree, my astute young fiddle master; if only people realized that they could invest in a beautiful European Master violin instead that would hold its value or even appreciate in time… AND give them the wonderful tone and experience they have been searching for in a violin.

I have taken your advice and have downloaded the “Sounds of the Sea” video on Vimeo (Uselesstube and Dailypoopoo suck); and I am now putting on my neck-to-knee bathing suit and fitting my water wings; and I have my trusty bucket and spade at the ready as I relax in an early morning bath of cold salted water to give me a sense of reality as I pretend I am on Saint Thomas splashing with the turtles under the morning sun.   Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside!    🙂

Participant

Thanks GS, I’m really enjoying it. Just wished I had more time to play it.

Mike

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Awesome, Mike! Here’s to more time. 🙂  The TRUE commodity.

Great Scott, sometimes fill the sink up with warm water and put my face in it just to pretend I’m snorkeling in Waterlemon Bay. If only!

Great ScottGreat Scott

Hahaha!!  I hope you move the dishes first!  Otherwise…

Heaven only knows what happened to the cutlery!    🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Is that a plate and a cup-holder? How handy! Why did I never think of that? I wonder if he owns the patent…

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I just bumped this up to it’s own post. In the meantime I read over it again… Still such a great resource! I appreciate all the effort that went into this.

Great ScottGreat Scott

You are welcome, my friend.  I will be adding some more spices to this eye-boggling review shortly.  So hang in there!!!!   🙂

Great ScottGreat Scott

PS~  Will someone please call Guinness World Records so that BluegrassDaddy can be a well-recorded part of history.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I called them! I told them to expect either the world’s largest house of cards, or else the most milkshake ever dispensed through the nose.

RockRock
    Participant

Great thread, very funny too! 🙂 🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Great Scott, thanks for the update. The post is looking great, and full of relevant information. You have outdone yourself!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Scott is now finished with this amazing resource. If you haven’t checked it out yet, now would be a good time!

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thanks, St. John.  I guess I pretty much covered the major players, and I hope people find it an informative reference.

Now I can move on to doing my in-house review of French Cheeses and French wines for another site.  I love the Bordeaux region in Summer!    I will also be doing my travel destination review for that same site– “The Best Vacation Destination For Under $5 “.  I might leave a few excerpts in a thread here at BGD.   🙂

RockRock
    Participant

Scott, I used to cross my eyes and mu mother would say stop they might get stuck that way. Yours can’t get stuck, they never stop! 🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Ditto to Rock. I love the new avatar, Great Scott!

Best destination for under $5: Tarpin Creek. I’ll tell you all about it one day.

Great ScottGreat Scott

Rock, I was never able to cross my eyes as a young whelp, but as I grew older, I began to notice things and objects on my right side were suddenly disappearing out of view and appearing on my left side for a moment or two and then switching back to my right side.  Really plays havoc with driving a car!  And forget about trying to photograph anything!   Sheesh!

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thanks John.

When mamma told me to stop poking my fingers up my nostrils, I don’t think she knew back then that I was really just stretching my nostrils out to make way for bigger things.  🙂

Are you referring to Tarpin Creek or Tarpon Creek?  Whichever it is, pray tell —  I am all ears!!!

RockRock
    Participant

Scott, sorry about your problem but I am laughing anyway! 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.