Rock the Cradle, Joe (Key of D)

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Rock the Cradle, Joe (Key of D)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Here’s a play-along tune the Cecil Gurganus taught during a guest appearance at my Fiddle Camp!

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/rock-the-cradle-joe/

Kristn54321

I really like this!

Kris

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I love that tune…they all sound so good!

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

I can use this song as the date is about the time  (1630) that my granddaddy (X10 greats) disembarked in Mass.   I connect the music with the events and this fits.  Now to learn it!   Will watch it over and over so thanks for providing it.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

It’s a fun tune, Ruckydoo…you’ll have a good time with it.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I love watching your kids camps ! You should post more of them ?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Steve…it sure looks like fun, doesn’t it?  I’d go to that camp if i was close enough, even though i’m a 60=something kid…lol.  Still it’d be fun.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Yes It would be fun to be outdone , outclassed by a three year old ! we can always use someone like kids to humble us and inspire us , and if we’re lucky maybe they would share some of their secrets !

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Ralph, I love putting songs in a historical context too. It is so much more meaningful that way!

Steve, I do need more videos of camp. I’ll be taking more this summer, Lord willing.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Steve, I’m humbled by so many kids on musical instruments…lol…just watch a few youtubes and you’ll be blown away!  I limp along as best as I know how…some of these kids are great.  John’s camp kids are really great…amazing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in