Rose in the heather

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Lion’s Den Rose in the heather

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ruckydoo ruckydoo 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kaeleigh
    Participant

Here’s a first try at trying to record this tune:

Please excuse my little brother and the wind ūüôā

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Cute video…sounds nice…Irish, for sure.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Thank you for posting this! It looks like you had so much fun filming it. I like the washed-out video effect. Your fiddling sounds great! The next step is to really work on developing the “jig” sound by playing the triplets right on the beat. Playing with a metronome would really help here. ¬†Accent the first of each grouping of three notes, then keep the other two right in the pocket of the rhythm. You are sounding great!

Kaeleigh
    Participant

Thank you! I’m hoping Dad will make me some backing tracks- that’s always so helpful!

I was going to rerecord and try to get a better take- but there have been such terrible storms sweeping the Midwest (there were three tornadoes within 10 miles of my house Wednesday night- one two streets over!) that I haven’t got a chance!

Also- why are Jig rhythms so hard? Is there anything I can do to work on hearing and playing it better?

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

That was great

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Jigs are tough, even with a metronome, since you have to divide each beat into perfect thirds. You could start with the metronome at 3x speed so that each note gets a tick from the metronome.

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

Love it! ¬† Am working on a jig too. ¬†Irish Washerwoman and have had to step up from Beginner to Intermediate and it’s a long reach for me.

Haven’t heard of tornadoes here in Minnesota ¬†this week but raining ¬†A LOT and chilly for several days in a row. ¬†Having a twister that close is spooky so we’re glad it missed you.

Thanks for the courage to send your inspiring lessons in. ¬† Very nice and you’ve picked great songs too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in