Rubber Dolly

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by John (BGD) John (BGD) 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

This is an online fiddle lesson for the tune “Rubber Dolly” in the key of A. This lesson was brought to you by Steve Srader. Thanks Steve!

See the full post at: Rubber Dolly

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That is so cool! Nice singing and video effects…great playing, of course, as always! I didn’t have time to watch the actual lessons yet, but is this in C?  I know bu and Push has to be in C to do those double shuffles…C is a rough way to go.  I’m coming back to this later…gotta learn it!  Thanks for another great lesson…I’m sure Steve will be excited to see it.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Thanks so much This will be and is one of my have to do tunes ,

Bruce
    Participant

John,

Thanks so much for this one.  Been on my list to learn for long time.

In fact, I when heard a young girl playing it at the Ozark Folk Center in Mountain View Arkansas it was my motivation to learn to play a fiddle!!

Justine
    Justine
    Participant

Beautiful rendition of this great song!

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks everyone. I had always ignored this one in favor of Back Up And Push, but now I’ve grown to love it.

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I just added a 90 bpm slow-play video of the Doughboy version at Steve’s requsts. 🙂

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

I think I’m like John (presumptuous, perhaps) in that I play Rubber Dolly in A and Back Up And Push in C. That way I get two distinct shuffles, one for each key.

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

That’s right! In my mind that’s the main difference between the two.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.