Sam Bush version of Vamp in the Middle

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Request a Lesson! Sam Bush version of Vamp in the Middle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Still hoping for a transcription for Sam Bush’s version of the John Harford song Vamp in the Middle.  Well I wrote this song….with a vamp in the middle, gonna get happy with a vamp in the middle.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’ll do this one next! This version. I’ll have time this weekend.

This one is unreal though:

Participant

AWESOME!!!  Can’t wait to see it/play it.

Participant

I’m enjoying your sheet music for Callin Baton Rouge.  Gonna drop that one on the crowd at our next gig.  Will have to have a female sing it, none of the guys can sing that high.

Participant

That McCory version is crazy.  Saw the fiddle player on the do an insane version of Jeruselem Ridge.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Tabs and Notes are up on the Sheet Music page. Enjoy!

Participant

Got this AM, looks awesome, playing through the notes in my head, looks spot on!  I’m so excited to work on this.  Would have taken me forever to come up with a passable version on my own.

Do you do the transcribing by ear or do you have software that converts the sounds to notes?  If your doing this by ear, I’m in awe.

I’m getting better picking out parts by ear like the fiddle leads in Susan Tedeschi’s version of Angel From Montgomery and Dixie Chicks, Travelin’ Soldier.  But those aren’t very complex.

Thank you!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

By ear! It gets easier with time.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Actually I just noticed a typo so you may want to download the music again. :(. I will probably catch more when I teach it.

Participant

OK thanks, I’ll print it again.  Question about the key, I believe it is Em, but you show 2 sharps vs 1 sharp in the key signature.  Was that a typo and if not should I be following the key signature, particularly as it applies to the C notes?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.