Scan sheet music to iPad

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum Scan sheet music to iPad

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lukidoglukidog
    Participant

Sometime within the last year, I came across a post on here from someone who used the app “forScore” to put their sheet music on an iPad. It was just what I wanted to do! I got the app on my iPad, also bought the app “JotNotPro” which is the scanning app.  Now, after months of inactivity, I can’t for the life of me remember how I used it. It seems like it was fairly simple back then!  Help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary-TN

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

I found these directions to “forscore”  that may help.

FYI: I take a screen shot of the sheet music with my iPhone and then  download the photo to my iBooks app.

iBooks changes photo to a PDF.  Save dots in iBooks. Works great!

PhatgrassmandyPhatgrassmandy
    Participant

I was able to save right from this very site and it saved to my iBooks app.

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

P. . .  Mandy

I do what you do, too, with the BGD dots  🙂

I think Lukidog has paper sheet music.  So rather than scanning I take the photo of the dots and send photo to iBooks.

When there isn’t a pdf or png to forward to iBooks; i.e.,  just a photo on the screen . . . that’s when I need to start off with the screen shot.

Participant

I’ve never heard of this app. Will have to check it out. Nancy, what are “dots” that you’re taking pictures? I thought it was a typo at first, then when you repeated, I knew it was “something” lol

Never thought of using iBooks. I don’t know that I’ve EVER used ibooks except for the occasional newspaper downloaded. Will have to get re-familiar with it…

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatarlisab.
    Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

Dots : notes on the page 🙂

Participant

oh! lol I thought it was some sort of code syntax or something LOL 😂

PhatgrassmandyPhatgrassmandy
    Participant

Lisab

what do you use for a smartphone or do you have a computer. iBooks is an app on a iPhone that comes preinstalled

Participant

Mandy, Yes, iOS devices primarily. I HAVE iBook–I just never (or seldom) use it LOL! Never had a reason to… until now 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.