Shove the Pig's Foot

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Lion’s Den Shove the Pig's Foot

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant

Cricket inspired me for some old time. So here we go….

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Angela, this is great! Thanks for posting. The drones and double stops sound great. I would say the next step is to speed it up and really focus on the right-hand rhythm. You are playing the nashville shuffle for the most part, which is perfect, so just work on really driving it. Wonderful video!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…that sounds awesome, Angela!  Your shuffles are so smooth and clean!    I really like it…you’re inspiring me…🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻!

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Angela,  that was wonderful,  loved it!!!  🙂

Joe
    Participant

Nice job Angela. Always liked that song.

nagumaq
    nagumaq
    Participant

Yayyyyyy ! Yahoo ! Great Angela ! Just super bien fait !

Angela
    Participant

Thanks everybody.  I’m trying to decide if I like it slow and lonesome (like Stuart Duncan plays it for Cold Mountain movie) or fast and peppy.

I think I’m stuck in between the two.  Not sure how to go one way or the other.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

When facing such a dilemma, I personally choose the slower style, probably 95% of the time…unless somebody wsnts to dance, which has been the exception, in my case.  When somebody does wanna dance, or when for whatever other reason I kick up the speed ( other players, mainly), I leave out half the notes and lots of the bowing stuff…just to whiz through any Ol way I can keep up…to me, st least in my own personal, limited experience…I gotta leave off the good stuff for the sake of speed…I realize there are many who can speed along and not lose a thing.  But then, my ears can’t hear that fast…lol.  I’ve always thought this, then, grandson wanted me to try to work up a Mario Game musical piece onto an MP3 from my recording machine…well, I did, but my natural pace is just slower…I sent it to him and he loved it…maybe the fast one is good for the hectic nature of the game, but what he told he was he liked listening to my slide down MP3, because he could hear what was going on…same thing I always say.  Maybe slow ears just run in the family…lol.  But there’s my opinion for ya…absolutely no charge…but…while you’re busy making up your own mind about this, I’ll be waiting to hear what you call me up with…it’s such a great tune and I’m sure, as always, you’ll find the right speed and style that will make it sound just right!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh gosh…my iPad always changes around my words…no, no…you don’t have to call me up…lol…waiting to hear what you come up with…on the Lion’s Den Forum…lol…crazy iPad…I guess it’s more sensible to proof read before you submit…but…well…I never do.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I agree with Cricket — slower is generally better when you are playing solo. Keep the rhythm steady and the notes clear; that is more important than maintaining an impressive tempo. You sound great! This is on Arwen’s list of celtic tunes, so I hope to teach it soon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in