Singing in the Presonus Choir

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Singing in the Presonus Choir

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well, guys, I had a little time today and just sung like mad in the ol’ Presonus Choir downstairs in the dungeon…on another hot October day that feels more like July…anyway…I just got to thinking about the Carter Family Lonesome Valley song and decided the ol’ choir in the dungeon might like to get into it…ran outta time when my grandson popped in to play a game of Go with me…anybody play that one?  We don’t actually know much about it, but, it’s sorta unusal, as far as games go…Go, is , that is.  Anyhow, then it was time to cook supper and all that…hoping I can put a couple of fiddle breaks on there, and then put the brakes on there and move on…maybe by the weekend I can get back to it.  There’s actually no real point to this post, so if you’ve read this far, why aren’t you practicing????  LOL…I can’t wait to get back to my song.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I think I’m hoggin’ up the Lion’s Den again…but anyway, i was in such a mood for singing the other day I just couldn’t quit.  I’d gotten lots and lots of vocals recorded…then today put on fiddle and banjo…already had guitar and just left the scratch track from the other day for the guitar, which is always a bad timing mistake.  I can hear it, but I’m just tired of messin’ with this one now and ready to move on.  Guys…I’ll quit hoggin’ it all up for a while and just not link so many.  I know my unbridled…unleashed…unbottled and unstoppered muscial enthusiam, or addiction or whatever, can drive everybody else crazy… but here’s what I came up with…ain’t perfect…has its problems, but now I’m done thinking about it and ready to think about something else.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

WOW! Cricket, you are so talented, it’s amazing. What a wonderful production. Everything just came together as a super inspiration!

I really, really enjoyed this post so much. More, more more. I could stand a whole CD!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks so much, Fred…lol..I’ve got so many of these doggone mp3s and wanna make Cds (just to give out to torture people around the holidays, etc.), but it’s so much technical trouble for me to make the things…one of these days I need to make some…right now if I run into the occasional curious person, I tell them to find it on youtube … but usually they say they can’t ever find me on there…lol.  Anyway…thanks so much for listening, and I really appreciate the kind words.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

That is really cool! But you have to get a different studio name than “downstairs in the dungeon.” What about “Cricket Hollow” or something more in line with the homey productions you are creating? I love the Cricket choir!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Lol..good point.  Like, it’s something that follows me around…when I was in the little Bluegrass band for a few years, their official name was The Basement Band…lol.  I just can’t seem to get above ground!  They did eventually call themselves other names, but The Basement name never really left them.  We have cricket choirs outside too…I guess once a hard frost gets here the crickets will go on break until next year…so the Cricket Dungeon Hollow band and Choir will have to make up for their silence over the wintertime.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

The Basement Band — now that’s a great name for a jam band!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in