Sinuses gone…, but

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Rock Rock 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

This morning we finally got to horseradish digging Day…made the biggest batch I ever made.  We skipped last year because of daughter’s opera.  Oh my gosh…I always forget how fumey this job is…lol…even though we rin an extension cord outside and use the food processor out there…whew…after a couple of batches you are sneezing and crying and can’t look at the stuff you’re working with.  We did 8 batches and I feel like my sinuses evaporated and my eyeballs ran away down the road.  I can’t imagine tear gas being any worse!  Oops, I didn’t mean to say “but” up there in the title of the post…how’d that get there???

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by cricket cricket.
    Rock
    Rock
    Participant

LOL!   Cricket, its good to clean the sinuses out at least once a year!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I’m still looking for my sinuses!  Wow, ate that horseradish with my supper…yyee-haw!  That’s hot stuff!  I like it that way, but, oh boy…got some really powerful stuff this time.🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Sounds like good stuff!  I need to try some of that!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Sinuses is why I put cayenne on stuff.

My daughters and some friends had a “horseradish challenge” a while back. To win, you have to eat a spoonfull without making a face. It is REALLY tough. 🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Who won?  Rock, this stuff is better than chocolate!

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by cricket cricket.
    ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

Made up a couple pounds of jerky today and added extra cayenne and chipotle peppers to the mixture as well as some crushed red pepper. Sorta makes your eyebrows bob up and down with the first bite.  I probably won’t be sharing it too much.

Try to always have some out when company comes over as a few of them are into hotter foods as I tend to be.  Usually make a pound or so that normal humans can tolerate though.  Forgot this time!

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

LOVE HORSERADISH!  Been driving all over trying to find some unchopped root that I like to use but it doesn’t seem to be very popular.  Grew some on our former place but didn’t dig it up when moving and now I can’t find it growing wild around here either.   Now that’s great for sinuses!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Ruckydoo…The jerky sounds great…I like hot stuff.  I always used to search and search for wild horseradish.  Finally, when we moved up here I heard about a store that sells foods from all around the world…it’s a long drive from here, but we do go about once every two or thee years…anyway, I tried looking up there and found horseradish root in the produce.  I bought it that year, probably 25 years ago…used some here and there, being very busy with the jobs and all of that, I neglected the root in the fridge over that winter…thought about tossing it out by springtime, but saw a little green, yes, some mold too, but green growing out the sides…I went out in the back and shoved it into the ground, in case…since then, it has grown here like wild…I’ve dug up extra and shared it with lots of people, moved it around to different spots…I mean, it’s just everywhere…but if you can find a big produce department, especially one that sells foods from other countries, where they use more raw ingredients than most people here do…you might find sone in the produce…you could use some and plant some too.

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

Hi Cricket,

Thanks for the advice.  I’ve been trying to find it in Wal-Mart but they ignore it but, as you say, small stores are more apt to have it and I’ve considered buying a root and using 1/2 and planting the other.  Back up home, someone must have planted some in the last century and it’s growing in roadside ditches…and it can’t be killed as some have tried.  We’ve got 80 acres here and I’ll find a place where it won’t offend anyone and stuff it in the  soil.  IT’S HARDY!   Want to go back home before the snow gets too deep and this is another good reason.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I guess if you can’t find it in the produce you could look for it as a live plant online somewhere…I’ve purchased a few online plants, goji berry plant and tree collards plant…they were doing pretty good after their trip and grew good too…so, that might be an option.  It does grow hardy and it’s a beautiful plant.  When you dig up the roots to use you only make it grow bigger next year and spread more.  I like plants that behave that way…at least you’re spending your time cutting back, instead of begging them to live.

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

I bought a bunch of chocolate for Halloween knowing there would be no trick or treaters here. My daughter and her kids ate it all up so I bought some more and hid it. 🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Good thinking, Rock…the nerve of them younguns eating your Halloween Candy!  I think you should tell me where your hiding place is so I can help you protect it from those hungry kids!

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Yea, I’ll give them a carrot but leave my candy alone!

Thanks but I’ll keep an eye on the candy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in