site problems (solved)

This topic contains 49 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar John (BGD) 2 months ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems getting on here or changing pages lately?

I’ve been refused with Error 4o4, 505, and time outs several times yesterday and today.

For the last couple weeks this is the only page I go to that is like using the old dial-up…I have time to go pour a cup of coffee before it loads.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Me, too, Dave. Lots of problems getting onto the site.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

4;59 p.m. just had more problems signing into this site. Takes a long time.

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

Seems to come and go.

Working good this visit…I thinking it’s a server thing…

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Yes Me too , I was forced to sigh in , Ha the page said , Fancy seeing you here !

Also , timed out a few times and through away what I had wrote !

So for the last week I have been highlighting my work and copy before I click the submit and it has saved me several times ! Ha

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yeah the site has been very slow and iffy lately.  It got that way a couple of times before and I guess John got his tech people to straighten it out.

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience. It is a GoDaddy thing… I have called them and they are working on straightening it out!

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’m in Florida currently, connecting through a phone, but as of right now it seems OK… It has been hit and miss the past few days. This afternoon around 4 pm I had trouble bringing the site up.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

So John what’s up in Florida ?

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Part vacation part music. I have a seminar near Navarre on Tuesday and Wednesday evening, then back home Thursday in time for Fiddlers Grove!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Good luck !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

You gotta sing that Willie Nelson song…”On the Road again…”  wasn’t that Willie Nelson?

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Yep, it’s Willie. I like to sing it in the car, but I usually ad lib the lyrics to fit my attitude (I’m not super keen on being trapped in a metal cage for hours on end)

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

I think “Go Daddy” should be renamed “Slow Daddy”. It’s unbelievable how difficult it is at times to get on this site. Sure hope Go Daddy can fix their problems.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

They got real bad for a while a couple years back, if i remember right.  Then they got it all together and it got better.  I’m wondering if the site grows and gets more activity they need catching up to do, but I have no idea what happens, but they have fixed whatever happens in the past.  Hopefully they’ll get it soon.  It was working really well for me yesterday, then by last night it was bad again…lol.

Gunnar, I hear ya.  I’m the worst person to travel. I can’t stand our trips to TN…lol…which is only 4-5 hours in the car.  I’ve never been on a plane and don’t ever wanna try.  You’ve done more than one person’s share of traveling, for sure, but I’m sure you’ve gained quite a bit of enrichment that most people never get in their lives.  So…keep on singing the song, I guess.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by cricket cricket.
    Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Oh, that means half of my problems might not be slow internet. Slightly off topic, but Cricket, I actually found it very strange as a young teen (as if I’m so old now ?) reading books about sixteen and seventeen year olds going on missions trips and having to apply for their first passport, and I was like, I thought you had to always have a passport? ?? I’ve always had one anyway, it just seems weird not to.

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

There was a general GoDaddy slowdown a few years ago, and so I migrated the site to a Managed WordPress server which fixed the problems. However, now this is giving me troubles… It may soon be time for another move!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I guess BGD is just too popular for itself…lol…lots of traffic.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

fiddliferous1950

Participant
    It’s becoming more and more problematic getting on this website. I’ve done everything I know to do on my end, but very little, if any, improvement in connection speed. It’s hard to believe that the CEO of GoDaddy made 23 million this year and offers such a poor business model, but I guess that’s business nowadays. Discouraging, though.
    Good luck, John, getting the help/attention you need to restore the quality to your absolutely wonderful site.

fiddlewood

Participant
    yeah….took me about 20 minutes to get here. then when I tried ot sign in it told me I had the wrong ID a couple different times…
    This reply was modified 1 hour ago by fiddlewood.

John , Yes me too , a lot of times it times out , It never opens Quickly It was like 5 minutes for me !

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

fiddliferous1950
    Participant
    It’s becoming more and more problematic getting on this website. I’ve done everything I know to do on my end, but very little, if any, improvement in connection speed. It’s hard to believe that the CEO of GoDaddy made 23 million this year and offers such a poor business model, but I guess that’s business nowadays. Discouraging, though.
    Good luck, John, getting the help/attention you need to restore the quality to your absolutely wonderful site.

fiddlewood
    Participant
    yeah….took me about 20 minutes to get here. then when I tried ot sign in it told me I had the wrong ID a couple different times…
    This reply was modified 1 hour ago by fiddlewood.

John , Yes me too , a lot of times it times out , It never opens Quickly It was like 5 minutes for me !

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Working on this now with GoDaddy… We are experiencing another big slowdown today. I’ll get some pro help if it doesn’t get fixed soon!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

John , It was a good thing , I copied to my clipboard the message above as It did time out and dumped everything ! Ha

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

I couldn’t get on at all yesterday.

Some years ago I contracted a server for our website, and I found out it was some expat in Vancouver with a mickey mouse computer in his basement pretending like he was a web hosting server.

I finally got an account with Network Solutions, and I only have good things to say about them.  They are located in the Southern States also.  They even have real people who speak American to help.

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks Rodger. I hope to get to the bottom of the slowdowns soon.

fran h
    fran h
    Participant

Glad to hear I am not the only one with loading problems.  I put in my password and it won’t let me on, so I look up my password since I have a “senior” mind and put in my password again and it won’t let me on so then I wonder what did I do to make John mad and kick me off?  lol  Then I try again a few hours later and  BAM. . right on the first time. Anyhows. . . its nice to know its not just me

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…I tried several times to log on today and just now got on…and it was going so slow all I’m doing is just saying I can’t get on or open up any topics…yikes…seems to be pretty much unsuable today. Don’t those GoDaddy guys know how addicted I am to BGD? lol. HOpe they get it going better again soon.

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I have been working on this all day. :( Apparently, BGD is under attack from a malware virus that is causing all of the resources to spike. Although there is no security issue, it is probably causing the slowdown. I have a professional working on it right now.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

John It is defiantly sporadic , sometimes right on , the next times out !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Working really well tonight! All the people’s icons, or whatever they’re called…little bitty pictures, are gone, but it’s working pretty fast and good…so…maybe it’s all better now! this is the longest amount of time I’ve had to read posts for a while.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

How do I upload just a simple picture (no URL) to this site anymore? I’m totally lost on how to do what seems like it should be easy. Thanks in advance.

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

You cannot upload directly from your computer as far as I know. You must put it somewhere where you can share it from like dropbox, google drive, etc.

Then you would use the IMG button above this box.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Fred , John said in a day or two he would put back the upload a picture thing , He said he had to strip the site to bare bones while working on it !

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Possibly try uploading to dropbox, and the paste in into it’s own line as if you’re embedding a YouTube video

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’m going to try to add some of the functionality back in! Testing an image uploader now…

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Copied this fiddler from the internet,

Morris fiddler - Festivals of Winds, 2012.jpg

pasting inline with my text

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

The image icon on the upper right should now have upload capability.

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

User avatars should be back. Emojis did not make the cut though. :(

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

:( trying to frown again

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

smiling :)

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

OK functionality restored… Hopefully much faster than before! I’ll still be working on optimization but the worst should be over…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.