Smithville Jamboree

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I’m on stage at 1:37:00, 2:15:00 and 2:45:50

I’ll add other videos as I find them

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

On stage at 2:45:45 and 3:40:15

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

On at 1:19:40 and 1:52:30

I joined the band as a bassist about a minute before we walked on stage, with a bass I borrowed right after I joined the band

Frederick
    Participant

Great videos, Gunnar. I enjoyed them all. 🙂

cricket
    Participant

Wow…Gunnar!  You were great…I just watched the banjo, fiddle and guitar appearances, barefoot and all…from the first video.  Awesome…I see much music in your future!  Are you still gonna speak to us here when you are famous?????  lol…seriously good playing.  I’d like to watch that whole video on the first post one of these days when I get enough time…I’ve never been to those types contests, but heard a lot about them and looks like a lot of fun.

I can’t wait to come back and watch the other videos you linked.  Thanks so much for linking them and sharing your musical experiences with us.  You’re so good on all the instruments.

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Thanks y’all!

Cricket, I’m not even famous and I’m not on here as much as I want….. But I’ll try lol.

I also found this video in which I’m inaudibly playing dobro in a jam. Probably right before the dobro contest, in which I did not place

cricket
    Participant

Finally caught the other several performances.  You were so right-at-home with all of that…excellent!  Thanks again for sharing.  Those were just great, and looked like great fun!

Angela
    Participant

Fantastic Gunnar
    It’s been fun seeing your progress over the years and then to see you enter every category and play so poised!! And to place! That’s awesome. Congrats and thanks for sharing this with us.
    Angela

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Thanks y’all!

Brandon F
    Participant

Great videos! Nice playing Gunnar

Angela
    Participant

Gunnar…how do you get your guitar player? Just ask? Do you tip them? Always been curious about that

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Thanks Brandon!

Angela, I just asked. I had Justin Branum (who is an amazing fiddler) and I had been chatting with him and his wife (who I’ve been a fan of for a while) and I just asked if he could back me up. He said sure, so I had a guitarist. I think some folks would work out a deal for if you win you pay your guitarist a portion of the winnings, but a lot of folks will play guitar for people for free too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.