Sorry, but I have to brag…

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Sorry, but I have to brag…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I hate to brag, but I gotta…just a little bit.  There is a professional theater company in this region that hires people to do plays…i mean, they get paid to do parts and they do tons of the plays.  Well, I’m not into movies, plays, etc., myself, but my daughter and grandson are.  Anyway, he auditioned for the part of Tiny Tim in the Christmas Carol this year…and, crazy enough, he got hired for the part.  He’ll be making more a month for the two months that they work him than I ever made in my life…how’s that for a second grade education?  LOL…anyway…we are excited…I don’t have the clothes you gotta wear to these performances, they are never videoed, and can’t afford th admission cost…but daughter can get us half price tickets and I’ll find some kinda “non-hick costume ” I can wear for whichever night we can go to see it.  We’ll just see the one performance…they put on a buncha of them.  I hope he still talks to us after this is over…lol.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Good for You and family ! Good luck or is it break a leg !

Angela
    Participant

That is fantastic!  I’m not surprised after seeing him in your belly-dancing (substitute) act!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks for inserting that very important parenthetical info, Angela…lol.  I can assure everyone it’ll be a cold day way down yonder when I ever even get close to thinkin’ about belly dancing. Well, Steve and Angela, thanks…hopefully he will do the theatrical break a leg…I think he has to be on crutches or carried around as Tiny Tim, during the show.  We are all proud, plus stunned…did not really expect him to land the part. ..they just thought it would be a fun experience for him to practice saying a poem with a British accent in front of strangers at an audition. I wish I could film it, but it’s a professional theater organization and there ain’t no breaking the rules in that place. We’ll just have to do our best to soak it all in for the one night we can attend.  Or…maybe i could wear grandson’s hotwheels car camera on top of my head during the show…maybe????  Wouldn’t look weird or anything, would it?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by cricket cricket.
    fran h
    fran h
    Participant

That’s great Cricket. I know you are proud

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Congratulations! Hope the videos will be forthcoming. 🙂

Edmo45
    Edmo45
    Participant

Congratulations, Cricket! That is awesome…performing talent runs in your family!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks, guys…except I’m no performer, just daughter and grandson…lol…i just like to play my music…wherever or whenever.  John, there won’t be any videos as this is a professional theater and they are very strict about copyright, etc.  The only things that go out are photos they make themselves for advertisement of their plays.  Nothing else goes out…no videos, no photos, etc.  After the shows they have to dress up and meet members of the audience for question and answer…this is like a black tie event…lol…the one night we go, I seriously don’t think I’m up for dressing up the part…I hope they don’t kick me out if I just find some old black jeans and some kinda…whatever to go with them…it’ll be wintertime, so I can hide behind my jacket…which is worn, dirty, ripped up…you know…the way you get running around the woods through all the stickers and such.  I’m not up for the costumes the audience has to wear…the black tie business…my greatest challenge will be figuring out how to dress…then, like I said…i’m so tempted to stick that velcro hotwheels camera car strap onto my head and get the 20 minutes of video you can get from a hotwheels car…lol…I’m sure they’d send me to jail if I even thouht about that hard enough.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

The grandmother of the star can wear anything she wants!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

A big congrats to Roro!   Whatever his future, keep this boy well away from that evil land called ‘Hollywood’!

John wrote:

“The grandmother of the star can wear anything she wants!”

This is true, Cricket. But I would recommend that you opt for something other than the Moo Moo and runners!   🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That sounds like good advice…the photo really brings it home too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in