The Ballad of Sally Ann

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Another spooky tune to help you celebrate the day!

The Ballad of Sally Ann

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh that’s a good one!  I love it.  I gotta learn that one right away.  Good creepy halloween story, but it’s a great ballad for anytime.  I hear d Mark O Conner do it similar to that on youtube and always wanted to learn it.  You look so proud singing with your daughters…ya’ll sound so good together.

Angela
    Participant

Yippee!! No tricks here. All treats. Happy Halloween to BGD land. Awesome family talent. Thanks!

Hakan Lindholm
    Participant

Very good.

Kaeleigh
    Participant

Very wonderful! Your daughters sang this song so well! I’ve never heard this song before!

Angela
    Participant

I worked on this one for my Halloween treat. I don’t have it enough to post yet but will soon. It’s a great lesson.

John, in the tab, I think the chord should be a minor instead of d minor. What do you think?

Great Scott
    Great Scott

I just love a ghostly tale!  This one made me feel right at home in my new plot.

Thank you John, Arwin and Lorien for such a great rendition and lesson!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Angela, I think I’ve got it fixed… Let me know if you see anything else!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

This is going on the “to learn” list for sure.

Hoping to start on it sometime next week…we’ll see how the present project goes…It’s actually a tune from BGD this time.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by fiddlewood fiddlewood.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I hope to hear you play it soon!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sally Ann, the Ballad of Sally Ann, Sail Away, Ladies…how does anybody decide which one?

John Cockman
    Keymaster

That’s why there’s a whole “Sally Ann” or “Sandy Land” family of tunes. They just keep populating!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in