The EU (Evil Union) plans to end the Internet as we know it. Fact!

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? The EU (Evil Union) plans to end the Internet as we know it. Fact!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Great Scott
    Great Scott

Prepare yourselves for TOTAL Internet censorship.  Watch the video below for all the facts.  I can see a new civil and international war breaking out over this.  The good Conservative Right-leaning world citizens vs the evil retarded left and their un-elected globalist puppet masters .

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Copyright protection? It’s never pleasant, but who needs all those memes? People might have to become more creative. Scott, I’m not sure I’d pay much attention to anything this fellow says…whatever anybody thinks about Hillary Clinton’s policies (as opposed to her looks or clothing choices), this is the person who started all of that about her operating a child sex ring and drinking blood in the basement of a pizza restaurant, which stirred up enough hatred that there was a shooting at the restaurant.  I would check my facts from someplace more factual and reliable.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Propaganda is how wars are started , If you can stir up enough doubt , hate and fear , thank goodness we have watch dogs watching the watch dogs , The internet has most people as addicted as any drug , We are all being spied on by big business and intelligence agency’s for all kinds of reasons , If we all stopped using it for a month they would be begging us to please come back , The rich and powerful will always dominate the internet for their self interest , I like to think there’s more good from it than bad , I personally do not let my self get distracted by different things that pop up on my screen , I am like , on a single track , and I try to stay dead ahead to my intended destination  , But I do get sucked in every so often , I always revert back to my dads advice , [Believe nothing of what you read or hear and only half of what you see ! ]

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Words of wisdom, Steve!

Fayew3
    Participant

I do love a good meme, and I am a full supporter of freedom of speech. I did do an internet search on this subject and it would seem these type of rumors have been rolling around for a few years. The touters in 2018 are not mainstream, nor could I find anything in legal reviews.

For now, I recommend no panic but remain watchful for a more reliable source to report.

Or panic. Whatever floats the boat.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Lol…sometimes panic floats the boat, hey?  That’s good…I like that.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I’ve been following the internet sales tax story. It’s pretty significant.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andriacheng/2018/06/22/what-supreme-courts-internet-sales-tax-ruling-says-about-the-state-of-retail/#efbf9261e9ce

I was pretty disturbed when the U.S. “gave up” the internet in 2016. I think that is something that will have far-reaching consequences.

https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/did-the-us-government-just-give-away-control-of-the-internet-to-icann/3535200.html

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Back when the internet first came out I figured it was somehting too good to be true…lol.  I’ve been waiting a couple of decades for the rules, regulations, taxes, etc.  You just knew it was coming.  I”m surprised they don’t control and sell us our air for breathing…just wait…

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

People buy where they get the best deals , So if things get to taxied on the internet , we will go back to real stores or bartering , LOL

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Paying State sales tax will still be cheaper than local LOL cause most county’s have added county sales tax and added city taxes any all those little added tax stuff for this and that miscellaneous other stuff , So internet will still have a huge advantage over local , Its a lot cheaper for me to buy in my neighboring county than from my county and ha I live on the border so off to my neighbor LOL

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I’m thinking it might hurt the small businesses that operate from the net…Amazon is the big virtual Walmart—taking out everybody else and having the big monopoly.  I do buy stuff from Amazon, though, because it’s what I can afford, plus I can’t find stuff around here lots of times…I don’t know of one good music store where I can buy banjo or fiddle stuff, although there’s plenty of guitar stores around here.  Also, just other stuff you need…I don’t wanna spend all my time and gas running around all over searching for stuff.  Our first experience with Amazon was when I had been working in the archives department of the university library and discovered a book by a local guy here who built himself and his wife a shantyboat in the early 50s and then they just lived on the river unitl they got down to Louisiana.  Harlan Hubbard.  He was also an artist and violinist.  Anyhow…I wanted to buy that book he wrote about the experiences living on the river , called Shantyboat, for myself.  We ran to every doggone book store within probably 100 miles looking for that thing…then, somebody told us about Amazon…they only sold books…I had the book in a few days.   I was like…wow…that was easy…from there…that’s what we did.  I don’t like to run around looking for stuff you can’t find.  That was so many years ago and I read Shantyboat almost constantly for several years back then…lol…my escape from madness…lol.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good book! The digital age is changing so quickly, it is really hard for small businesses (like this one) to navigate. Whatever happens, the future is guaranteed to be interesting.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Highly recommended for anyone who is a dreamer at heart:

https://www.amazon.com/Shantyboat-River-Life-Harlan-Hubbard/dp/0813113598

I’ve read it probably 25 times…lol.  His house is down the road from here, about 2 miles away, where he lived before he built his boat.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in