The Gael

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    RockRock
    Participant

I’ll be watching!

???, IF you at FB Rock,?you Are welcome to add… Guess my nick and you find me ?

RockRock
    Participant

Is it,  futere streetfiddler?

RockRock
    Participant

Gregg Allman dies at 69.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Sad to hear about Greg Allman. “Eat a Peach” was one of the first cassettes I ever bought (I grew up on a peach farm and and so it looked interesting).

RockRock
    Participant

I liked a lot of their songs but Sweet Melissa was my favorite.  The Allman Bro. had long run.

RockRock
    Participant

Correction,  born in Fla. but had his home in Georgia.

Rrrrrrock You have right ? Or just use my name

RockRock
    Participant

Boerrrge,  I don’t have a FB account.  You will have to bring it here to BGD.

nagumaqnagumaq
    Participant

Yeeeeeehaw ! Love this one ! Can’t wait !

Participant

What a blessing it was to see them play at the Santa Barbara Bowl with my sisters when I was a teenager. It was a wonderful experience.

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

I just learned this one, I downloaded the performance track a few weeks ago to add some good listening music to my phone, and got addicted to this one. So I’ve learned it. It’ll be super fun once I get it up to speed, the rolls and grace notes are almost all exactly where I’d put them if I was just playing with it, so shouldn’t be too hard. the timing makes it to a jig what a hornpipe is to a reel.

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

I just heard The Gael this afternoon as played by The Sons of Liberty (https://www.facebook.com/sonsoflibertytrio)  in this video. https://www.facebook.com/visitheartofappalachia/videos/2194985793850246/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by MoonShadowsMoonShadows.
    Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Well, I’ve been playing it quite a bit trying to get it smooth, and man is this song hard! Not technically hard, but physically exhausting. Cuz it’s played on the low strings, so you have to hold your arm up, and apply a lot of pressure to the strings, I can go through about twice and then I feel like I’ve been lifting weights or something ??

MariaRMariaR
    Participant

I love this song soooo much! Thank you for doing it! Also, shout out to Arwen who made it sound AMAZING! 🙂

CaroleCarole
    Participant

I am so enjoying learning this tune (my husband gets a peculiar look on his face when he hears me practicing it, though. Kind of like he bit into a lemon.). It is very challenging for sure and Arwen plays it beautifully, which is inspiring me. I’m playing it several times every day to encourage my old fingers to move a little faster.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.