This Will Make Your Day

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? This Will Make Your Day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

This is the boy that played through a nosebleed when in the middle of performing with a high profile orchestra.  This is what, according to legend in a similar incident made a ‘Believer’ out of Einstein.  Where could he possibly go from here?  Who is going to teach him beyond this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAuZM8hgq_I

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

“Oh! The places he’ll go”!  🙂 He made my day 🙂

Thanks for sharing!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

That is incredible! Do you have the Einstein story somewhere, or the nosebleed video?

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

Albert Einstein?  or Bob Einstein the comic writer?  I’d like to know the Einstein story, too 🙂

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

What talent that young man has!!!

Participant

Fancy bow bouncing. Amazing player.

rodgerrodger
    Participant

John, the nosebleed is on youtube somewhere.  He was playing in a performance & his nose started bleeding and he played right through it.  I’ll look for it.

The Einstein story is that in Einstein’s late years he attended a performance of a special child prodigy of the day.  Obviously something like this one.  We all know how Einstein was a good violin player & how Dr. Suzuki lived close to Einstein when he was studying at the violin school in Germany.  Anyway, Einstein was so moved to tears in the performance of the child that after the performance he rushed backstage to meet him, and his response in meeting the child was something like, “Now I have seen the face of God.”  This was in reference to Einstein’s official stand that if there is a God we don’t see any evidence in science, and He is hidden away and unknowable to us….not a personal God involved in our life.  So, after this, people close to him testify that he became a true believer.

I’m just passing on what I remember having read over the years.  I want to believe it, and I can say it is just too beautiful not to believe.

This video features the unusual bouncing bow, but young Christian Li is truly just as exceptional in all other more normal playing techniques.  It uplifts and makes me a better person all around to watch him perform.  It is truly a wonderful world we are in…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.