Thread Titles

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Great Scott Great Scott 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Great Scott
    Great Scott

Please expand the image and read…

Thank you.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

uh-oh…I always figured it was sorta like titling your novel or something…lol.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by cricket cricket.
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Great Scott , Good point !

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I thought I was going to expand the image and it would be a new song you had written! Good point though.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Another name for a fiddle tune called Thread Titles, might be Clothing Captions…lol…sorry, just trying to make a little, very little, joke about what John said. That’d be a weird fiddle tune, wouldn’t it? Hey guys, what key do we play Clothing Captions in ?  Ok. I’m done amusing myself, poorly amusing myself, and I will say this thread about thread titles is well taken and I will attempt to have descriptive, rather than encyptive, titles in the future.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thanks and appreciation to everyone for understanding the point I made regarding thread titles.  I am a member of a number of other forums; and it drives me (and a LOT of other members) crazy when I am searching for a specific topic to answer my question(s), or am looking for information on a particular topic only to find the forum threads full off ambiguous titles like “Help!”  or “What do I do now?” or “So, this happened…”: and yet the forum moderator(s) of some of those forums continue to allow these ambiguous thread titles to continue to fill the forums, despite many members objecting to them — for the same reasoning I noted above.  Other forum moderators simply scrub (erase) threads with titles that do not display the actual topic.  I liken it to using a telephone directory in which only the name is listed, but no phone number.  Contacting the person you want, by phone, just ain’t gonna happen!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

John, big possibility that some song lyrics WILL be posted… BUT, this will happen only in the Composer’s forum…that only members can access.   🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in