Veterans Day Treat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Happy veterans day…especially to those who served.  We have plenty in our family, from the age of 93 to 20-something, and my m-i-l was one of the first ww11 women veterans.  Anyway…this is fascinating and inspiring.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/military/service-sacrifice-wwii-veteran-turns-to-fiddle-making/51-612850687?fbclid=IwAR3Wb3dSgUtHg8-6OgdK-0F5eItLgR4BRC16dO897H_sxt4fRwLPnotAd6k

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Thanks Cricket , I am a lucky veteran that never came close to bad things , I spent my whole time in Germany , I feel blessed I never saw action , just luck of the draw , A person can never get back there innocence once the experience bad things .

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I guess nearly all of our parents and uncles, etc., (my age group) served during wwii…and I guess nearly all of the guys my age served during Vietnam too…wasn’t a lot of choice back then.  Seems the ones who went later have the most difficulty…we’ve got family that went to Iraq and Afghanistan who never could seem to get back into regular stuff again once they got back home.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Great story, Cricket, thanks for posting!

Steve, thank you for your service. Thanks to all of you in the armed services, we love an appreciate you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in