Video Player Tutorial

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum Video Player Tutorial

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

See the full post at: Video Player Tutorial

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’m excited to introduce our new video player. This player features two different versions of the video, one in High Definition and one in Standard Definition. You can swich back and forth using the control in the lower right. This player also has AB playback. Click the AB control to turn it red, then slide the loop markers (white traingles) from the beginning and end of playback until they bracked the section you want to loop. This player also has a speed control, which allows you to change the playback speed if your browser is based on HTML5. Finally, we now have a secure download option that will allow you to download the video to your own computer or phone!

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/fv-video-player/#post-82528

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

Great features, John! I really like the looping feature. That is a big help.

Jim

cricketcricket
    Participant

Cool!  That should be really helpful!  Thanks, John.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Thanks John , can this player be downloaded to my computer to make it my home base player or is it just for use at BGD ? As I like to do most of my practice at home and off line

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Steve SraderSteve Srader.
    Participant

Love the looper!! thanks!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Steve, it’s just for BGD. It will take many hours to get this installed across the site, but hopefully it will be finished spoon. At the same time, I am moving my videos from Vimeo to Amazon for better hosting. I am also going to be moving the audio files and imagaes to Amazon as well, which will hopefully speed up BGD a bit.

Image test:

https://secureservercdn.net/45.40.150.47/fcc.2e3.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/billy-900×807.jpg

KennyKenny
    Participant

With the AB option you can also use a keyboard shortcut for precise selection for looping while watching the video.

Click on AB first then use the :

Key board letter ” I” sets the left white arrow or start point.
    Use letter ” O” to set the stop point.
    I and O are right next to each other on the keyboard.

You can also left click on either arrow and move them in or out to change starting and ending points at any time.  As John said you can click on AB to get out of the looping or you can just move the left and right arrows all the way to left or all the way to the right to get out of the looping option.

Great updates to your lessons John.

Kenny

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by KennyKenny.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by KennyKenny.
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Kenny, that’s tremendous! Using I and O to set the loop parameters is super-convenient. Thanks for the tip!

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

John (BGD)
    Keymaster
    Steve, it’s just for BGD. It will take many hours to get this installed across the site, but hopefully it will be finished soon.

Thanks John It will be a great thing for BGD !

KennyKenny
    Participant

John,
    I believe I stands for in
    and O stands for out.
    I forgot to tell why these letters were used.

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

Thanks for that tip, Kenny. Makes it easier and more accurate, which is a help.

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thank you for the new video player, John. Just saw this thread now. And moving all your videos and sound files to Amazon is going to be  a HUGE task.  I have thought about moving my 7 videos from Vimeo to Amazon but I figure JB is rich enough. So I’ll stay with Vimeo.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

It’s been a real task. I am not through with the move, but I’m somewhere back in 2014. I still have a few security bugs to work out, then I will start updating the links here on the site. I am hoping this will ultimately be more stable than Vimeo and with a better player, and also a secure download option without needing a Vimeo account!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.