Video Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

John, I can get decent video with a smart phone or digital camera, but the sound is horrible. I’ve got a digital audio workstation which produces great recordings, but I haven’t figured out how to get a good video that has good audio. If you could share some tips with us, I’ll bet we’d all appreciate it.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hi! Right now I am making my videos with a hand-held Canon DV camera. The sound is really pretty good! For a better sound, I play into an iMic that is attached to the computer, then I use iMovie or Camtasia to synch the sound with the video. It is an extra step, but worth if for the better sound. But really, no one here (I hope) will expect your video to have expert sound. Tinker a bit with it, but don’t let poor quality sound keep you from posting. I would love to see that hand-made violin!

Participant

Dr. Cockman,
    I really like this forum! I think it is a wonderful way for us to ask you questions and to learn from one another. I would very much enjoy seeing Mr. Depew’s hand-made violin, also. I don’t have a video question right now but I just thought I would chime in!

Participant

I suppose most of us are a little self conscious about putting our beginner mistakes out there for everyone to see. But I think it could be really good to see what everyone is doing, and helpful to get input and tips from “The” Daddy himself. So I’ll stick my neck out there and try to post a video this week. Warts and all! I’m counting on some more of you to join me. OK? Don’t make me do this all by myself! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.