Wednesday is Pi Day!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Parker
    Nancy Parker
    Participant

What Pi sounds like 🎵

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…a funny little tune, but they sure made some pretty nice music with it, didn’t they?  I didn’t realize it was Pi Day already…I usualk6 make pie, with an E, for edible…lol.  No time this year, involved in a buncha work that can’t wait, but fortunately I had already made a pumpkin, blueberry, apple, cinnamon coffee cake,so…well, its squared-shaped, I’m afraid, yet, the closest thing I’m gonna get to circular pi or pie.  Happy Pi Day!

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

What a wonderful composition. Reminds me of Aram Khachaturian’s music when I was first learning piano composition back at Ithaca College.

I always did love “mathematical music”.

Joe
    Participant

Dang and I just finished off my key lime pie, should have waited till Wednesday.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

That was fun!

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Dear me, it’s really been slow here on the forum!  Even though North Carolina experienced a spud flood of 50,000 lbs of taters on a high way that turned into quite a mash up, and a Russian transport plane in Siberia had it’s load shift and bust open the cargo door and it spilled much of it’s 9 tons of gold bars, diamonds, & platinum it was hauling from Siberian mines over at least a  20 mile area.  It all started on takeoff, and the runway was covered with gold bars.  (Reality is stranger than fiction)  Hope John was able to salvage some of those taters, except they got covered with diesel fuel, but that should just take the place of needing any sour cream I guess…

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Diesel oil on a tater is just no good unless you pour on the black pepper…like, you might find some black pepper in the radiator if you’re lucky…lol…anybody remember doing that?  We used to pour black pepper in to stop a leak.  But, seriously, sounds like it’s been busy everywhere else, if not right here.  Where is everybody?  I have an excuse…been working like mad in TN…lots of unpacking to do and cleaning up stuff…one of these days I’ll get to know my new cello…Poor ol lonely thing.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

A lonely cello…sounds like a big challenge to keep them happy…

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

They’re dangerous critters when they get lonely.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Some people think of today as St. Patrick’s Day…but, for me, at least I’m hoping, this is Global Get to Know Your Cello Day.  I think it’s gonna take luck, total luck, so it’s good it coincides with an Irish Holiday!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Rodger, I’m glad no one was hurt. 50,000 pounds of taters could have caused “mash destruction!”

Talk about the “luck of the Irish” right here on St. Patrick’s day. I’m hoping to find out that the driver’s name was Paddy. 🙂

Now, if only all these drivers could get together in one place…

Bacon crash in Chicago
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/amtrak-crash-306324891.html

Sour Cream and cheese crash in Oregon
    http://projects.registerguard.com/rg/news/local/33102186-75/recovery-of-sour-cream-truck-forces-detour-on-highway-58-near-oakridge-today-and-tuesday.html.csp

Massive butter spill in Ohio
    http://fox8.com/2017/08/14/massive-butter-product-spill-after-semi-crash-on-i-71-in-mansfield/

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well I hope nobody was hurt, and I hate to say something like this, but the accidents sound delicious.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

When I was a kid I had this fantasy of an ice cream truck breaking down in front of our farm. Really.

OK, true story, funny but sweet. My six-year old daughter was promised an ice cream treat if she was good at Grammy’s house yesterday. Well, she didn’t earn the treat. However, this is what I overheard during her prayers that night.

“Please forgive me for misbehaving at Grammys. Never let me do it again because I want to be good and… [weeping] Lord, there’re nothing better than ice cream!!!”

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Awwwww….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in