Wednesday Night Waltz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Ok…I’m now getting obsessed with this tune…lol…yet, I have NOT listened to it …just heard it a lot in the past…but it’s on my mind.  Now I’m scared to listen to it for fear I will lose my mindset for trying to play it in the way I’m thinking it…lol.  Yet I can’t stop thinking it…not much time for playing around with it.  Here’s my problem…I’ve made two youtubes on it and don’t like either one.  I’m sounding like a shaky mess on those high double stops.  So I guess it’s not exactly the tune itself I’m having the issues with, but my shakiness with getting those double stops sounding good…I’m thinking I’m gonna have to start from scratch (I deleted my backup for that bbecause my presonus gets so cluttered up with stuff if I don’t do that)…start again with a simpler backup track, go a little faster, even though I’d like it slower, but faster might help get the shakey feeling out of those double stop slides…maybe…then…just, in other words…start all over again.  Unless…unless of course it leaves my mind before I get time to do that…lol…then I guess I won’t.  But it’s really got a hold on me now.  Anybody play that one?

I just realized how stream-of-consciousness this post it…lol…sorry…just thinking aloud.  I would play through that piece again tonight except I have a big kitchen project going right now and can’t really leave it …so…stuff like that, ya know?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by cricketcricket.
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Gonna have to try that again…maybe by Friday?  Maybe tomorrow…one of these days!

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

I have learned almost zero waltzes. Mostly because I sound so bad on flowing, long notes….my bowing is awfully rough, I can’t whiz past out of tune notes, and my slow vibrato is non-existent! I just listened to WNW on YouTube. A pretty tune, for sure.  I really like this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM4AMRAZJGI

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh gosh, yes, I hear you loud and clear, Sam!  I have the same trouble.  That’s a good one you linked.  I’m still not done with this one…I don’t know it…but just improvising my way through with the general gist and chord progression that I sorta figured might be right, or at least ok.  I’m gonna try it again.  I’ve learned other waltzes that were easier on the bowing than this one…it’s rough…gotta try again one of these days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.