What are y'all up to #2

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? What are y'all up to #2

Viewing 14 posts - 501 through 514 (of 514 total)
  • Author
    MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear this, cricket. I will keep you in my prayers for your safety.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Thanks, Jim, I appreciate that.  We’re just waiting and hoping that either they go to jail sometime soon or somehow else disappear.  That’s just one more stress making everything else so difficult…just about can’t cope with it all anymore.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Something weird is still happening with me and this forum…I can’t tell when there are new posts.  I look across the forum and it looks like it’s been either days or months since any of them have been replied too, but then when I get onto that topic, it’s been hours or something…so…I can’t keep up unless I go along and click on each and every post title…can’t do that…so, I can’t keep up.  Don’t know why that’s happening…but it seems I’m stuck on some archived, old page or something, instead of the current forum topics.

cricketcricket
    Participant

When I get onto the forums, it tells me it’s been 4 days since anyone has posted in this What are Y’all up to #2 post in this forum…where have I landed?  It’s the Twilight Zone of the BGD forums.  I can’t find my way around anymore…I’m in some archived loop or something.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

It changed a while back…the main page only displays the date the latest thread was introduced…not the latest posts.

It confused me for quite a while too…I’d drop in and see no new posts for several days, so I’d just leave…missed a lot of stuff that way.

Not much new here…mornings at the golf course every day, then home for breakfast, a nap, and some dog time. Evenings usually consumed by fiddling.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by fiddlewoodfiddlewood.
    cricketcricket
    Participant

The fiddling sounds like a great thing going on there…hope we can hear stuff you’e working on soon.  Hope the board gets better acting too.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

I needed to rehair my bow…only have the one and didn’t want to go without the ability to play, so bought another last night.

It arrived in a day and was here this morning.

Just says “Germany” on it and was made somewhere around 1920-30. it’s rather light at 56g but feels pretty close to my other bow.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Dave sounds good then , a bow does make a difference in sound and ease of playing ! I hope you get a good rehair on your favorite old bow !

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

thanks Steve.

the guys go to for my fiddles or Bass are top notch…no worries there…

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by fiddlewoodfiddlewood.
    cricketcricket
    Participant

I have a couple extra bows laying around out of fear of something going kaplooey in a bow and leaving me unarmed!

Guys…either nobody much is getting on the board here lately or else I’m not able to find recent postings…still not sure which..I’m still hearing that Twilight Zone music when I get on here…lol.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Most all forums slow down in the spring…folks doing things outside, etc.

I expect the overreaction to staying home a few weeks will exaggerate the slowing of participation.

cricketcricket
    Participant

True, people get too busy for messin’ around on the net at times, but my problem is I have to go to every post I see before I can know if there are current conversations going on or not…so…I don’t know…I’m just confused.  Same thing happening with my youtube notifications…I feel like I must seem to be a youtube “snob” because I’m not answering comments and not getting notifications of some of the people I’m subscribed to…so…I feel I’m in the dark here…not know who’s talking where and unable to see it soon enough.  Not sure what’s happening…just suddenly weird…lol.  Maybe it’s something going on with my somehing or other…don’t know what it would be…my settings all look like they always do.  But yeah…boards slowing down is one thing, but I can’t tell…looks to me like nobody’s every talking here unless I get onto each and every post and look…don’t have time or patience to do that.  Same with my youtubes…I’ve got hundreds on there and seems I have to go check each and every one if I wanna see any comments…don’t get notified anymore…frustrating.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Cricket , I think if you have the , notify me of follow up you get a response , because here lately I have been responding to some post and follow ups are working , a lot of members are not following up for what ever reason , and of course new post that you have not seen before have to be responded to and check the follow box to get follow ups ! I am guilty of not responding to some post as I am doing other things and maybe the new post does not interest me !

cricketcricket
    Participant

Hmmm…well I used to get onto the forum and it had a sidebar that said “Recent Posts,” and I could see topics that came up to the top if they had been discussed since my last site visit.  Now I see old stuff from weeks ago and the recent posts sidebar doesn’t ever seem to move at all…so I have to go into the forums and check.  I don’t usually hit the notification button for followups because I get so many email notifications and newsletters and all that and stuff just gets lost in my email…so I normally just rely on the recent posts sidebar to know where to go to get in on discussions.

But as I said before…it’s weird that also my youtube notifications that come in the email are iffy…once in a while they show up, once in a while they just don’t…so I can’t keep up with what’s going on with my own youtubes or the other people I’m subscribed to.

Lol…somehow I seem to have fallen out of the loop or something.  I don’t know…our wifi has been iffy and unreliable lately too…I don’t see how that would cause the Twilight Zone net stuff that’s happening, though…don’t know…everything just seems to have gotten weird and difficult for me online…lol.  Strange.  But it is the busy time of the year for outside stuff anyway…so my garden needs me and my dogs need me…I bought them a doggie pool last year and they were terrified of it, yet first ones to jump into muddy, mucky crawdad holes by the creek…I might get that pool back out and try to get them to like clean water to play in too.  I think they just like to stink and look dirty.

Viewing 14 posts - 501 through 514 (of 514 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.