What are y'all up to?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? What are y'all up to?

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,020 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Our church that we attend whenever we’re in town, has three services each Sunday morning. An 8:30, a 10:00 and an 11:45. This morning I attended the early one, and the middle one cuz that’s when my family came. In the middle of the ten o clock service, the fire alarm goes off, and after about three minutes of everyone thinking it was a joke, (including the pastor) they found out it was real, and evacuated everyone. The firetruck came, and found out that the ac had overheated and triggered the alarm, and they called off the third service. Quite a way to spend my last Sunday here in a while. Also, I’m glad I attended early service lol. ????

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Gunner, now that is some excitement! You must have a fire and brimstone preacher, lol. Thinking of which, if our pastor preached three sermons in a row he would probably die of exertion.

Fred, that sounds like a great time! I hope to hear you all again on video sometime soon.

Steve, it is the Bright Star musical, not the song or movie. It is a lot of fun, but this week is what people in the business call “hell week.” Dress rehearsals three straight nights, then four days of performances. Plus I’m driving 2 hours each way, practicing, and working my regular job, so I’m going to be exhausted by Sunday evening. I practiced four hours this morning, then taught classes and labs, now I’m on my way to the first dress rehearsal for this musical. Crazy times!

Participant

Lol, he’s actually not a fire and brimstone preacher, but that is funny. The reason we do three services is the auditorium seats 500, and roughly 1500 come each Sunday. They’re working on a new, bigger building, but it isn’t finished yet. Dang, that bright star thing sounds hectic. Hope you survive, and have fun!

Participant

<sup>I am at this very moment sitting in the airplane waiting for everyone to get boarded. I should be in Paris by two o’clock in the morning. I should hopefully be able to check back in tomorrow, depending on wifi </sup>

Participant

Safe travels Gunnar…it was nice having you in the states!  :^)

John…I hope you’re enjoying this or getting rich….or both! haha

Fred, that sounds amazing!  I might just have to see if I can get a picking park started.  That is awesome.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Definitely not getting rich, lol. 🙂 But it is almost over. Last show is tomorrow, a Sunday matinee, then after I catch back up with work, life should be back to normal by Easter.

Then it’s time to gear up for Fiddler’s Grove and a new summer of Fiddle Camp!

Gunnar, I hope you had a safe trip!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Angela, I hope you get a “Pickin’ Park” started.

I had a great day yesterday (4/12) playing Bluegrass for about 8 hours!

The band “The Sugarloafers” performed at the Waychoff Senior Center from 10:00 a.m. ’til noon. I played fiddle.

Then I played banjo and did vocals at the old amphitheater with one other musician for 2 hours.

Then there was band practice for “The Heberbillys” from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. in which I played banjo and fiddle and sang.

After this, there was a jam session from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at the Triple A building. I played banjo and fiddle but left a little before 8:00 p.m.

There was supposed to be band practice today (April 13th) from 1:00 – 4:00, but it was canceled due to really bad weather coming in, including tornado watches and warnings!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Safe travels, Gunnar!  Happy fiddling and catching up, everybody else.  Well so far this morning I hurried through a couple of youtubes from the presonus, then went out to help as mike had started building a new fence…we eventually discovered we were going backwards…toook it all back apart and started over again…coffee break time for now…lol.  Hopefully we are going the right way this time, though.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

John , looks like you made it through , and Sunday being the last day , I kind of wonder if You would do it again or be very careful going forward what you say yes to Ha ! ????

Participant

We made it safely to France, we’re staying in a chateau in a small village. Which is beautiful.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Glad you arrived safe !

rodgerrodger
    Participant

My dog bit hand turned into a bone infection.  I had to put myself in the hands of the pill doctors and they promptly got me loaded on dreaded antibiotics.  Kind of scared the doctor ….since they have a scheduling crisis in the Canadian health care system he right off scheduled an appointment with the surgeon.  I guess the deal is they will try the antibiotics for a while and see how that goes, but then if needed they’ll be set up to operate.   It’s my left hand and the doctor was thinking out loud if I’ll ever play again.   It may just get better, but could easily lose my 2nd finger, as part of the bone is already gone.  Best I could get from what was going on, is that if I was young they would operate now to clear out the infection.  But with the overloaded, bloated, failed public health care we have here in Canada, they are just going to risk it, wait & see.   It’s ok with me, because I’m trusting it will clear up.

In the middle of this, I was invited to spend some time at a violin school in the Philippines, which is on the campus of the Ebeneezer Bible College over there.  I got a ticket before this relapse, and now I don’t know if I’ll be able to go or not….So what’s up with this guy Murphy….he just isn’t satisfied with the toast hitting the carpet jelly side down….

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Murphy , Murphy , Yes Murphy is a trouble maker , Rodger I will pray your hand gets well !

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

That’s awful, Rodger. I’m hoping for the absolute best outcome for you. Best of luck to you.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Rodger, I’m so sorry this has happened…I’m like you, though…I trust our bodies to heal best (most of the time) without interference.  I guess i’d say eat some raw garlic everyday if you can…”Russian Penicillin,” as it’s called.  Can you play at all now?  I sure hope it just heals and gets back to normal soon.

Gunnar…show us some pictures of that beautiful place.  Hope you guys have a good stay and good remainder of the trip.

We got our fence the right way…but still lots of work to do and they are predicting lots of rain and all that tomorrow, so I guess we’ll take the day to visit my sick dad and get back to the fence later.

rodgerrodger
    Participant

I played some yesterday but paid the price of the pain keeping me up a lot last night.  I want to use it so it doesn’t stiffen up, but I don’t know how much to do.

Participant

Ouch, that’s really painful. I’m praying it heals completely without needing surgery. Cricket, I’ll try to get some pics, if I can figure out how to upload them….

cricketcricket
    Participant

Hit “Upload Images” at the bottom left under the text box…then you have to wait until you see the photo before hitting submit, or else the photo goes away.  Takes a few minutes.

Participant

Ok, I got some good ones today, we went and found snow!

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Want snow?  Come here…due to get ~5″ today…right now it’s 30f and snowing sideways…I’m busy hiding in the house… reading, napping, studying fiddle stuff…

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,020 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.