What are y'all up to?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? What are y'all up to?

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 1,020 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

At least if you have to, drop the fiddle to hang on to the windmill…lol.  We can replace a fiddle, but not a Gunnar!

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Don’t worry we don’t have windmills in moz, wait, actually we do, lol. But don’t worry I don’t climb on it, it’s part of our electrical system.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Yes, better stay away from the electrical grid, or off-grid I guess, or possibly just some different kind of grid.  Fred, the Ruslter’s Creek tune is awesome!

Well guys I just got back from TN…yet another emergency situation…and I’m beat to death…we both are, and so are our dogs.  ugh…can’t handle all the stuff that just happens, sometimes.  I guess we lived to tell the tale…thankfully.  I’m tireder than tired.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Hi Cricket: Hope you and your hubby get some much needed rest. Thanks for the kind comment about my tune “Rustler’s Creek”.

Participant

Well, we’re now starting the hardest day of travel through Moz. I have found that my mandolin is a great instrument to play in the car

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’m glad you’ve got it with you…hopefully it’ll make the trip easier to endure!  Take care, and play the daylights outta that thing!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Well, I’m finally finished. My wife and I moved from our place in Searcy, Arkansas to another place about 30 miles south toward Little Rock, in Cabot, AR. It took us about a total of four days to get moved out of our old place using a U Haul one day and get moved in to our new place.

For the life of me I can’t understand where all the “stuff” comes from.

Well, anyway I’m back online and sometime today I hope to fire up both fiddles I’ve got with me and get reunited with them.

I remember meeting someone on this forum who played fiddle and was from Jacksonville. I wish I could remember who it was, because I’d try to meet up and do some fiddlin’.

Participant

We just got home, and our solar batteries are toast, so were trying to survive on flashlights till morning, but at least we’re home!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Fred…human beings are just magnets for stuff…lol.  Welcome to your new home.

Gunnar…hope you can get the lights back on soon.  Welcome back home to Mozambique!

Happy fiddlin’, ye wanderers of the world!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

You’re so right, Cricket. I remember one time my wife and I took a car load of stuff to the Salvation Army and stopped at a yard sale on the way back home. lol.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

haha, Fred you’re cracking me up!

Now that’s funny!

Participant

well, it’s morning now so we can see. My dad is installing our new batteries, and the rest of us are either relaxing or cleaning up/fixing up/pumping bicycle tires. Fred, lolol

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Fred, that’s about like me going to the dump and bringing home more than I dropped off. 🙂 Hope your move went well and you are all settled.

Gunnar, sorry to hear about the solar batteries. What a pain to buy and dispose of those things!

Participant

They had almost died before we left, so it wasn’t a surprise, it was inconvenient though. We had just bought some new batteries that are a different type supposed to last ten years, with a much larger capacity, in anticipation of the old ones being dead. So our system is back up and running now, and we shouldn’t need to replace them again for about ten years, by which time we might not live here anymore.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Our zoo across the river over in Cincinnati has huge solar panels as roofs over the parking lots…they almost all 100% solar and wind powered, and expect to be actually 100% in another 5 years or so.  Plus they recycle the water and have special roads and walkways that don’t allow runoff, but cause sort of a percolation so that rainwater can collect and be used all over the zoo.  It’s really impressive.  I’m like…yeah they tore Kentucky up and polluted it and left people and wildlife with no place to live, our sacrfice because the country needs power…but look at this…beautiful place, full of interesting plant life and animal life, right here in a dirty city…an oasis, to be totally self-sustained by 2025 and nearly so now for the past couple of decades…so…why is it only the zoo…why can’t we all live that way?  Anyhow…I’m sorta off topic again, a little bit.  It does get annoying to see where the money goes, and the trails of destruction left behind, when we could also be doing things in a better way…but…well if the zoo president guy ran for U.S. president…I’d say…vote for that guy…lol, whether you’re a wildflower, a rhino, a giraffe, or a human being…yeah, I’d vote for him.

e

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by cricketcricket.
    fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

I did tree work for a while on the property of a Toyota plant in KY.  Amazing recycle & low impact philosophy there.  We went through quite an orientation before even being allowed to work on the property.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Probably more of a Japanese idea than our own…lol…but quite impressive, for whatever reason.  Hey guys, I started recording Over the Waves on the cello, in cross-tuning, in C, tuned CGCG…well, it wasn’t going that great…I just really need a ton more practice on that thing…too hard for me to play, but I can’t get OTW off my mind…anyway…it was raining, so I started it, and blam…the whol computer just froze up and messed it all up and that was that.  That’s been a few days ago…now it’s been sunny and we’ve got so much work to do…but waiting for the next rainy day (which was supposed to have been today…but…well it’s sunny again!) with no other big things goin on and try to get back to it and hope everything works out ok next time.  The thought of the computer or presonus going out on me is kinda scary…what would I do with no way to make my silly little recordings??????????  I’d go nuts I guess.  Maybe head back to the BG jams…but it wasn’t fun for me…had to drive through a lot of horrible traffic and then it’s crowded in there…gotta pay…they play songs I don’t know in B or Bb or keys I don’t like and they play everything very fast and loud…it’s kind of a hectic, brutal experience…just not fun…not for me…I know they all enjoy it very much, which is a happy thing.  But for me, it’s not fun.  I can’t seem to get any audition tapes approved for volunteering to play ANYWHERE around here…so…well anyway, let’s just hope the computer and the presonus will be ok and that was a fluke weird anomaly of the universe when it all froze up…maybe my cello playing was so awful the terrible vibes blew it all up…lol.  That’s possible too, ya know…lol.  Well so if it rains soon and there’s no other pressing obligations…I hope to get back to that effort before long.

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Cricket, while reading your post today I realized the similarity to Edith Josie from Old Crow, Yukon…..I will explain this in a separate thread of it’s own….titled “Cricket & Edith Josie”.   It’s all about personal writing style….

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh, ok…i was the cricket in the post…Ok…it was interesting, Rodger…thanks for sharing that.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Hey guys…wanting’ to try Over the Waves on my cello…I know it’ll be rough and I might not be able to do any good with it, but just feel like trying.  Anyway, I tried the other day but the computer froze up, and then waiting for a rainy day to stop working long enough to try again…well…looks like rain today, but Thursdays are Granny Day around here…so I’ll be busy doing granny-stuff with grandson all day today.  Tomorrow?  hmmm…hoping I can work that poor ol’ neglected cello into the day…and Over the Waves.  If it turns out bad enough, I’ll change the name to Under the Waves…lol.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 1,020 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.