What’s happened to accessing the “Forum”?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum What’s happened to accessing the “Forum”?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    FrederickFrederick
    Participant

It’s quite a bit more involved now to reach the Forum. Is this by design or has something gone haywire? 🙂

Participant

I was just wondering the same thing, myself!

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Yeah,  had a time finding this…maybe it’s wearing a mask?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh…so it’s everybody, then.  Ok, whew…I’ve had so much wifi trouble and then can’t seem to find my way anywhere on the net suddenly…so, it’s a combo…our wifi, this site, and ????? other things…lol…suddenly it’s all puzzling to try to access.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I can’t find recent forum topics and the posts all have little blue flags on them.  ??????  I don’t remember little blue flags before…maybe I just didn’t notice.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Somehow we lost our sidebar… Got it back! I also added a forums list for convenience, just above “recent topics.”

Cricket, the blue flags on the main forum page are actually very useful. Clicking on them will take you straight to the end of last post you read instead of paging through looking for where you left off…

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh…didn’t know that.  I didn’t remember seeing them before…lol…my world just keeps getting stranger and stranger…lol.  Thanks, John.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’m still having trouble finding my way around…is it just me?  It might be…our router when kaplooey a while back and we got a new one and nothing seems to work right around here anymore…lol…bad wifi and iffy, poor internet…everything’s slow and freezes up and doesn’t look right, etc., so it could just be that going on…sheesh…everything seems so messed up all around us…lol.  Fortunately, the coffee pot still works…yay!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

The one new thing is the forum list on the side bar, just above the recent topics list. On a small screen, the side bar gets pushed to the bottom so some scrolling might be necessary. The main forum link is always on the top menu bar, which becomes a drop-down menu on small screens.

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

Is it just me, or has the site become so slow that it is almost impossible to navigate? Maybe it is just my computer and Internet connection?

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

The site has been super slow starting sometime yesterday… I have spoken twice to tech support. I have installed a security package which I hope will help.

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

I just logged back in, and it seems much better!

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’m still having trouble finding my way around…my “Recent Topics” bar doesn’t seem to be up to date…but it could be me…nothing is working right here, it seems…lol…so who knows?  Is this one working ok for everybody else here?

cricketcricket
    Participant

When I get onto the site it takes me to an old page and then the forums are dated from a while back, like not recent.  I can’t tell if anybody’s currently discussing anything or not.  Am I somehow getting onto some archived page or something?  The Recent Topics are old…somethin’ ain’t right here on my end.  Anybody else having anything like that?  I can’t tell because as I’ve said before, our whole internet connection has seemed kinda wacky here lately.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

So, I have repaired the date issue on the forum. Hopefully smooth sailing now!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Now attempting to repair recent image links. This may take some time to refresh.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

40 million people unemployed , So more people surfing or trolling the internet my be causing problems not to mention school kids on the net , Lots of crazy stuff going on !

cricketcricket
    Participant

Thanks, John.  You’ve put a lot of work into this site.  Lots of people appreciate all of it.  I’m still always amazed at the detail put into the lessons…I just can’t imagine how much work and time goes into each one of those, let alone keeping the board functional.

Steve, probably right.  I don’t know what happened…once this covid thing was just getting started, our little dog got very sick, the entire septic tank and pipes caved in at our house in Knoxville that we have family in, our meth neighbors started shooting guns 10 ft away from our house around midnights while drunk for fun and just to terrorize the neighborhood I guess (which is totally legal around here according to our law enforcement), our router broke and wifi went down…etc., etc., etc., I can’t even remember all that stuff that happened around here in early March.  We did replace the router, but things don’t work right.  I wish we could replace the neighbors.  We paid 10,000 (should say “are paying”) for the septic system to get replaced and still paying for the cleanup because we just can’t get down there to do it ourselves, and we will always miss our little Cricket.

Anyway, yeah, I’m wondering if suddenly everybody starting hanging around online a lot more than usual and that might be bogging everything down.  Whew…now the unrest and violence…the events of police killings, etc.  Gee whiz…let’s hope this year will get better…still got a lot of 2020 left.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Cricket I have heard in the past that idle hands are the Devils play ground , It’s sad to see all the bad stuff going on !

cricketcricket
    Participant

Yeah, ain’t enough happy to go around at the moment, is there?  Let’s hope things will get better all around.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.