What’s happened to accessing the “Forum”?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum What’s happened to accessing the “Forum”?

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Guys, I can’t tell if the forum has been kind of quiet lately or if I’m not seeing recent posts…lol…what’s happening?  Anyone, anyone????, as teachers used to always say to a snoozing classroom full of daydreaming kids…lol.  Most of us having a small packet of tater chips hiding inside the book we were pretending to be interested in…lol.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by cricketcricket.
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

Cricket, I hollowed out a book to hide my tiny transistor radio so I could listen to the Pittsburg Pirates World Series games during class with an ear plug.  (in school)  They actually held the World Series during school hours…

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

I think it has just been quiet around here. I wrote up a long, detailed follow-up post about my 5-string fiddle search a day or two ago, complete with several sound files (so long of a post that even you would be impressed, Cricket!). Then somehow, I accidentally deleted it before getting it posted.  I was so bummed out that I haven’t had the energy to type it up again. LOL.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Yeah, baseball used to be played during the daylight hour…how inventive of you, Rodger, to go through all of that fancy engineering to listen in school, on the sly…lol.  You should’ve gotten A+ for that one!

Oh gosh, Beardog…I mean, Sam…lol…that’s such a bummer when that happens!  That’s happened to me sometimes too…I mean, you come up with all this good stuff comparable to Tolstoy’s novels and Kablooey…there is goes…awful fate of great ideas disintegrating in cyberspace, never to be seen…oh I hate it when that happens.  I really would have loved to read it and I’m sure I woulda been impressed…maybe one day you’ll write it all over again for us…lol…hope so.

rodgerrodger
    Participant

I don’t know how many times I spent a lot of time writing something in a post, both here and other places, only to lose it when something hangs up and it fails to post and drops off into that black hole of a disappearing act.  Then I spend three times longer trying to replicate it, but never learn the lesson that you can never write it the same the second time.  I’m a slow writer and spend endless time correcting and revising a post before I send it.  I try to resolve to copy what I’m writing on the clipboard before sending it, but never seem to remember on those times when there’s a problem.  It may be my connection drops out before I hit submit, then it can’t send it and my page is lost.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I write fast as I think and never proof read…lol.  Unless I proof read after i hit “send, submit,” or whatever…that’s just me though…lol.  I’ve always read and typed really fast and can’t stand to go slow…fiddling, though…I love fiddling or any other music slow…I gotta purposely go faster than i would like to keep from dragging so much people woulnd’t like it…maybe they still don’t like it…lol…who knows.  Yeah, well I always did read really fast and then my eyes went kaplooey a few yaears back and now I read more like a first-grader…which sends me into fits of frustration…I still don’t proof read though, until it’s too late…well, not too late on everything…on email…yes, too late.  On mesage boards you can go back and edit…sometimes.  Sometimes I do, but I’m just not into proof reading, for whatever reason.  I admire people who have that patience!  Wish I did.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh, and I think maybe I’m finding “recent posts,” I mean really recent instead of old…yay…maybe it”s working for me again…hope so.

cricketcricket
    Participant

…or, then again, maybe I’m not finding “recent posts,” afterall.  It’s weird, but on my youtube channel I suddenly stopped getting notifications…I get a few, but I used to get them all in my email.  That way I could enjoy communicating with people who watched mine and commented, go to theirs and find new people on youtube to keep track of, or know that someone I already subscribe to on youtube put up a new video. Now I get some, but maybe only about 1/3, or maybe 1/2…now I feel like a youtube snob, because I can’t look at all the videos I’ve put up on there and search for comments all the time and I’m missing quite a few.  Then I don’t always know when someone I follow has a new video.  I checked my channel settings and they look like I should be getting the notifications as usual…just…not getting them.

Now…it’s sort of a similar situation on here…I can’t seem to find ongoing conversations, recent conversations, etc., except sometimes I feel like I’m seeing them.  Did I end up in the Twilight Zone??????

I can’t keep up with people I talk to online anymore.  Then…well, in real life, well, we all know how that’s gotten to be.  Doo-doo doodoo Doo-doo doodoo (humming Twlight Zone theme…).

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’ve stopped getting notifications too… I’m not sure why.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.