What are y’all up to? # 3 (Current NEW thread)

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? What are y’all up to? # 3 (Current NEW thread)

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Hey, Peggy, you’re right…it does sound a lot like Flop-eared Mule. 🙂

Best of luck to you in your endeavors, Patricia. 🙂

Great ScottGreat Scott

Hi everyone !  I hope y’all are keeping safe and happy (as best you can).

Fred — I’m sorry to hear of your more recent loss.

Thanks everyone for your hellos.  I am still interested in a new computer self-build but other things have become more immediate ;  so me blowing a lot of money on a new build has made me cautiously re-think my options.

I have noticed a couple more new members sharing their thoughts in this forum, and I would like to give them a big WELCOME ! to BGD.  Great place to hang out, great lessons, and great people to make friends with.  Always something for everyone here.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thank You very much, Scott. I truly appreciate it. 🙂

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I had a great time practicing with fellow band members this past Saturday in Heber Springs, AR. Word is out that “Hit or Miss” practices at the triple A building every Saturday and now we have so many folks showing up to listen that we’ve hooked up our big PA system so every one can hear a nicely balanced song/instrumental each time.

We are absolutely having a good time. Cannot wait until this crazy virus is over so we can start hitting the big audiences again. 🙂

Participant

How wonderful! I am hoping to be in a jam soon. Glad you had a great time!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Sounds like fun, Fred.  Hope yours was good, Lisa.

Nothing much happening here…no time for music…nobody to play it with anyhow…lol.  Hope y’all do have a nice holiday weekend and find some jamming going on and stay safe and healthy too!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thanks, Lisa and Peggy. Hope you both get to play some music in the near future. Have a great weekend. 🙂

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Well, I’m still in Texas, waiting to get my flights back sorted out, and I just got a new guitar! I’m gonna try to be on here a little more often if I can, but been pretty busy.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Glad you could find the time to check in, Gunnar.  Hope you can hang around some with us.  Even though a lot of people have been stuck inside in the whole pandemic thing, seems the internet is actually more quiet than usual…wonder what everybody’s doin?  Lol…probably their kids are keeping them really busy, maybe.  Anyhow…glad to hear from you.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Change of seasons is always slower on the forums.

Not much change here…work every morning, fiddle something every day…

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Today, the 22nd of September I turned 70 years of age and spent a good deal of the day playing two of my favorite tunes from Byron Berline over and over again. They are: “Charmaine” and “Jumping the Strings”. They are both in 3 sharps and a veritable blast to fiddle. If I ever get slowed down here a bit, I intend to record them and post them here. They’re fun tunes and I would suggest them to my friends here on BGD.

Have a great day. My family is taking me out for Chinese food so I’ll be offline here and in line at the buffet. 🙂

Participant

Happy Birthday!!!  I just turned thirteen on the twentieth.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Happy belated Birthday, Mariar. I sincerely hope you had a wonderful B-day!

cricketcricket
    Participant

happy birthday to fred and to mariar!

• This reply was modified 1 day, 7 hours ago by cricketcricket.
    Participant

Thank you! Cricket, your playing is absolutely amazing! I’ve seen a few of your videos on YouTube and……. #SPEECHLESS….. 🙂 Anyway, my fave is Maiden’s Prayer. Hope you keep playing!! 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

thanks, mariar.  at the moment im laid up with a pretty complicated broken wrist…had surgery on it thursday abd just hoping to get good use back soon.  cant play, cant cook, can barely eat, cant was dishes, cant walk dogs, cant tend to my garden, cant paint or draw…i mean i cant do anything.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.