Wilkes County North Carolina come to San Angelo Texas

navigate to this web-site my review here Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Wilkes County North Carolina come to San Angelo Texas

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kenny Kenny 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Hillbilly Fever, a bluegrass band from North Carolina came to our small bluegrass festival over the weekend.

Wes Tuttle  says to tell John hello.  He live just a little ways from Blowing Rock, NC.  Fabulous harmony and a fun group to be around.  The Baker family was also here.  Trustin Baker is a grand master champion fiddler and he put on quite a show.

Kenny Stinson and his band from Kentucky were here too along with Kody Norris.  All in all a great weekend with lots of jamming

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Wow, so cool to see the NC High Country so well-represented out there! All of those guys are awesome. Thanks Kenny!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Wow Kenny , what fun just to watch listen and be in awe !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sounds like a good time!

Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Steve and Cricket,

The neat part about the festival was playing with some of the old timers that still play.  I jammed with two men that were in their 80’s and a friend that I hadn’t played with for a few years on five different days.

I learned some songs that will be lost around here if someone doesn’t keep them alive.

I also learned a version of Cherokee Shuffle that needs some more tweaking, before I’m ready to share.  I was inspired by Cricket to learn this one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in