Wilkes County North Carolina come to San Angelo Texas

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Wilkes County North Carolina come to San Angelo Texas

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kenny Kenny 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Hillbilly Fever, a bluegrass band from North Carolina came to our small bluegrass festival over the weekend.

Wes Tuttle  says to tell John hello.  He live just a little ways from Blowing Rock, NC.  Fabulous harmony and a fun group to be around.  The Baker family was also here.  Trustin Baker is a grand master champion fiddler and he put on quite a show.

Kenny Stinson and his band from Kentucky were here too along with Kody Norris.  All in all a great weekend with lots of jamming

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Wow, so cool to see the NC High Country so well-represented out there! All of those guys are awesome. Thanks Kenny!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Wow Kenny , what fun just to watch listen and be in awe !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sounds like a good time!

Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Steve and Cricket,

The neat part about the festival was playing with some of the old timers that still play.  I jammed with two men that were in their 80’s and a friend that I hadn’t played with for a few years on five different days.

I learned some songs that will be lost around here if someone doesn’t keep them alive.

I also learned a version of Cherokee Shuffle that needs some more tweaking, before I’m ready to share.  I was inspired by Cricket to learn this one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.