World Fiddle Day 2018

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Parker
    Nancy Parker
    Participant

Get your fiddles out 😊

http://www.worldfiddleday.com/

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Hey Nancy , I will be playing ! Saturday 19

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

So cool…I’ll be celebrating, for sure!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Thanks for the reminder, Nancy! I’ll hopefully be in the Scottish highlands on the 19th, and I’ll try to play a few fiddle tunes if it isn’t raining too heard. 🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That’ll be so cool, John…i’m sure you’ll be joined by many good fiddlers…hey, what’d I do now…there’s a line through my text.   I dont get along so well with this Chromebook.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

What do you think the best all-around tune is for world fiddle day?  I’m thinking Boil ’em Cabbage Down…lol.  Who eats a lot of cabbage?  I guess a day never gets by us without cabbage in one form or another, but surprisingly, most people around me here never, ever eat cabbage…just playing the tune can make me pretty hungry!  Cabbage is good stuff…oughta be more songs about it.  There’s a song called Make my Greens Good and Greasy…anybody know that one?  Haven’t heard that one for years and not sure I remember exactly how it goes…I guess in these current modern times, there oughts be some fiddle tunes like, Open up that there Bag of Oreos…or….Gimme one more French Fry…Truckin’ on through the Drive-Thru, etc., lol.

Joe
    Participant

Sounds fun I will be at 35th Annual Arkansas Fiddlers Convention in Harrison Arkansas that weekend. Never been to this one so I bet its fun.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Bile dem Cabbage would be awesome for World Fiddle Day! Or maybe Old Joe Clark. 🙂

Joe, I hope you have a great convention!

Joe
    Participant

thanks John. Maybe they will do something special to honor the world fiddle day.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

I’ll definitely be fiddling that Saturday! What a great event!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Guys…world fiddle day videos would be fun…whoever can do that.  we’ll be busy on Saturday and I probably will have no time to play, but maybe sometime during the week I might try to play something to put up a video early Saturday…cheat a little bit on the day…lol.  Or maybe I won’t even get to that…but, if possible, it would be cool for whoever gets to getting up a world fiddle day video…would be a cool forum thread.

fran h
    fran h
    Participant

My plans for world fiddle day is a picking in the park all day bluegrass

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That looks like fun!  Enjoy!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I’ll try, depending on my WiFi! I’ll be in Ballachulish, Scotland, home of John Cameron who wrote “Chì mi na Mòrbheanna,” so I may try to do that one.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in