World Fiddle Day Reminder

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? World Fiddle Day Reminder

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Frederick Frederick 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Parker
    Nancy Parker
    Participant

Get out your fiddles!

Saturday May 18, 2019 is World Fiddle Day!

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/world-fiddle-day/

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Alright, Nancy. I’ve got to perform tomorrow at Greers Ferry lake in a little town named Higden for a town-wide reunion. Back in the 1960’s the town was totally relocated as part of a dam building project and each year since then folks get together once in May to rekindle their friendships.

I have been fortunate enough to perform for this event twice now.

Cool! Thanks for letting us all know about World Fiddle Day.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh gosh, is it World Fiddle Day again already?  Have fun, Fred!  Nancy, do you have special plans?  Anybody else?  I guess the best I’ll be able to do is to wear one of the fiddle t-shirts I got at a close-out sale last fall…lol. A few days ago it was World Chihuahua Day, I found out at the last minute.  Thebest I could do for that was give all my little doggies a pork chop!  Not doin’ these important holidays right…anybody else got plans?

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

When I return home from performing tomorrow, I’m going to compose a fiddle tune in honor of World Fiddle Day.

That is if I’m not soaking wet right through to the bones…it’s forecast for severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes. I’m pretty sure we’ll be inside tomorrow. Last year we were outside and it was a gorgeous day.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

OH no Cricket….I totally missed  World Chihuahua Day!!  What am I going to do now to make up for that?

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I am having the pleasure of having both of my Daughters and Grandkids over Saturday !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Rodger, my doggies are just barkless, to the point of yaplessness, that you would forget World Chihuahua Day, of all days…now really?  What were you thinking?  Well, I do have one of my close-out t-shirts I got for 5 bucks a piece…has a big fidde on the front and the neck and scroll on the back…so…that’s my celebration…lol.  Maybe I’ll get time to play, not sure.  We’re getting a late start on the garden and got so busy some of my seed starts ran into various disasters…so I’m very late getting going.  But I’ve got my t-shirt on and if I get the time…I’ll try to play atune.

Steve, enjoy that time with the kids and grandkids…those are the best times!

Fred…play us your World Fiddle Day Tune when you get it ready!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Thanks Cricket , It has been years since the last time ! I am looking forward to this reunion !

Angela
    Participant

I’m camping. So, I practiced hard this morning on B Bflat and E.

Tried to play along with the Bluegrass Album Band recordings. I have a long way to go! Lol

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

I truly sorry Cricket that I’m responsible for your puppies yaplessness.  It pains me to picture them in a yaplessness condition….I hope it doesn’t require a trip to the vet or the dog shrink.  Maybe you shouldn’t let them read the forum anymore if it does that to them….??

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

True, they are underaged for browsing internet forums.  I’ll send you the Chihuahua shrink bills once I get their yappers back in order.  Actually, no, I should just pay you for giving us a day of peace and quiet around here!  What? No yapping?  I’m surprised we have ear drums left after all the shrill we endure.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Well I wrote a fiddle tune just before I went to bed and I haven’t even tried it on the fiddle yet. I’ll learn it today and try to post it today or tomorrow.

Update: I’m getting it better and better by the hour, but boy is it tough going! I’m going to call it “The Higden Reunion”. Lots of fancy double stops. Can’t wait to try it on my fellow band members….one of which is from Higden.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Frederick Frederick.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.