Yodeling

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Gunnar Salyer Gunnar Salyer 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I came across this Ukraine’s got talent video a couple days ago, the performance starts at about two minutes. Do y’all have a favorite yodeling video? I’m interested to see more and want some direction

Nancy A
    Participant

Here’s a recent version of Sleep Baby Sleep sung by Billy Strings. It’s not over the top yodeling like your Ukrainian example, but I like it. I think it was originally by Jimmie Rodgers (also on youtube) with slightly more of a traditional yodel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI-b7_HBNrA

Nancy A
    Participant

And one more which is more traditional at the very end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP4p5P3h8ag

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

All nice Yodeling tunes ! Gunnar this is a old Jimmie Rodgers tune with some simple yodeling , I couldn’t quit get the yodel going , my voice was acting up , But you get the point !

Gunnar this is one more example of cowboy yodeling , This is some of the stuff I like to do !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Check out videos of John’s daughters yodeling…they’re on here somewhere…his kids are just amazing.

Steve, those are the really great ol’ songs!  You really know how to sing and play them too.

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

John Daughters do great !

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Nice yodeling Steve! You’ve got a great voice!

I’m gonna embed these two from Nancy so I can watch them

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Ok I like the one of John’s daughters, and I really like the Beth Williams one!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.