Learn Advanced Fiddling Techniques!
Welcome to BluegrassDaddy.com. My goal is to provide the best fiddle instruction resource on the internet, at a very affordable price. This site is a companion to my local fiddling outreach, which provides free instruction and performance opportunities to youth in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina and eastern Tennessee.
With your subscription, you will have full access to all lessons. A typical lesson includes:
1) The song title, genre, key, and skill level.
2) A video of me demonstrating the song
3) High-quality, accurate tablature and notation. These are downloadable in PDF form.
4) A close-up, measure-by-measure instruction video. Tablature is included within the video with each note highlighted in blue as it is played.
5) A slow play-through with a metronome. This is great for those of you who just want to learn by ear!
6) MP3 audio tracks (the same ones you here in my demonstration videos). These include a "play along with John" track that includes my fiddle and vocals. Next is "jam track" that only includes a lead-in click and the background music. These tracks are high quality and made with real instruments, so you can actually use them to back you up in a live performance.
7) Tune information and lyrics.
Learn Len Spencer's Arkansas Traveler dialogue (Edison Records 1902)
For a nominal fee of $4.95 per month or $49.95 per year, you will have full access to all lesson videos, tablature/notation, and practice MP3s. You will also have access to any expertise that I can offer through email. I am very active on this site, and will be uploading one or so tunes per week. Just choose one of the options below:
- Monthly Recurring subscription $4.95
- One Year (non-recurring) $49.95
The most recent tunes were "The Lovers' Waltz" by Jay Ungar and Whiskey Before Breakfast in the style of Andy de Jarlis.
The next posts will include "Amazing Grace" by John Newton and "Boil Them Cabbage Down."
Stop learning the hard way!